Enable debris in Orbital view

In previous versions, debris was always visible in orbital / map view and could get in the way. In .20, it seems as though debris has been removed from map view entirely. While this is a welcome change in many aspects, it ended up hurting my mission as I need my lander to dock with fuel tanks that I left in orbit. Using Haystack, I can only find the ascending and descending nodes of the debris; the location and orbit are still not shown.

I'd like to know if there is any way to re-enable the debris on Map / Orbit view.

If not, it's a simple enough solution to just add a module to the fuel tank next time, but this also affects anyone who wants to manually collect or destroy their debris after it has entered orbit, and players cannot predict the off chance that they will run into debris.

If you place your mouse near the center of the top edge of the map view, you will find a filter menu for all types of vessels, from debris to stations, and also Kerbals and flags.

Left-clicking will filter only the icon you just clicked, while right-clicking will toggle them.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And another info : right-click on popup icons for multi-select. That way you can display both debris and your ship at the same time, without the need to switch over and over again (another annoyance i was lucky enough to resolve right after finding this thread) !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.