Devo's Flag Request Thread

Devo

Hey guys,

As some of you know I am more of a graphics person than a maths-type nerd, and have been doing graphics for games and game forums for quite some years now (and beyond, back into the BBS days)

I did have a service here making company logos before the forum wipe, but I'll be honest it just got too much as there was so many requests, I just couldn't keep up with them. Flags on the other hand, well

they don't really take me long to do and won't really impact on anything else I am doing. Also, alot of modders come and go, so alot of the company Logos and designs I made for them were obsolete within

a week. A Flag service seems much more viable.

How does my Flag graphics service work?

Easy. You give me a description, and I try my best to visualize it.

If you have a logo you want include or a particular font, please let me know, otherwise I will simply do what is in my head at the time.

Simple, Fancy, minimal, modern, broken .. the style is up to you. The more descriptive you are, the better your flag will turn out to be.

I will add some example galleries of my previous work below, I am just moving them all to one location, link tba.

I will add the flags I have made to a new Gallery, meanwhile this is some examples of some of the logos I did here last year before the forumpocalypse.

Flash Gallery

** Please do not request forum signatures or company logos, unless they are part of the flags design.

OK...

Throw some requests at me!

Devo.

Edited by Devo

I don't mean to be a buzzkill but isn't this already covered at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30753-Request-a-flag%21?

There are plenty of requests there. Go get 'em! ;)

That is someone else thread, be kinda messed up to take their requests.

@devogen: I do have to ask, what do you have to offer that the other person doesn't? In other words, lets see your skills.

My interpretation of it was that it was a general flag request thread, but if it is just that one person's thread then I retract my previous statement.

In fact, I have a request but it's fairly abstract. I already have a flag for my KSP corporation Munstak Industries, but I would like to see someone else's creative take on it. The theme is the company slogan "forever redefining what it means to be home."

Here's my current flag as a starting point: http://i.imgur.com/2ep6jSR.jpg

Edited by tntristan12

I don't mean to be a buzzkill but isn't this already covered at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30753-Request-a-flag%21?

There are plenty of requests there. Go get 'em! ;)

I read this in that thread

"I'd love to do these now but i'm gonna be away for a few days, so for those with requests for changes/updates on the ones i've already done, don't fret, i'll get onto it when I get back! "

I am not suggesting my flags are better, I can guarantee I will put a lot of love into them, that's all I guarantee. But I will be here, and am here every day and don't go anywhere since I work 5 days and my kids are in school, so if people don't want to wait, they can ask here. Basically, I'll be here to take the request.

As Brabbit said...

That is someone else thread, be kinda messed up to take their requests.

@devogen: I do have to ask, what do you have to offer that the other person doesn't? In other words, lets see your skills.

I started a new thread so people can make requests here, I agree, going into his thread and doing requests he may have already started on is not cool, and rude.

Nobody has a monopoly on offering free art services to the community. I went through this with my company Logo thread, and guess which thread managed to outlast all the others? yep.

(damn forum wipe... lost alot of posts)

Brabbit :

I don't have my KSP logo gallery ready, but here is some very very old stuff, so not Flag examples no, but simply 2D graphics examples:

Again, please bear in mind this is older work, it's improved alot since these (and nearly all the sigs here are from peoples descriptions, some I even don't

like myself, but the customer is always right! :)

http://www.devogeninteractive.com/sigs/

http://www.devogeninteractive.com/guis/

Trist , Destroyer I will have yours done in a couple hours, Im at work, about to head home, depends how crap traffic is.

Edited by Devo

Brabbit :

I don't have my KSP logo gallery ready, but here is some very very old stuff, so not Flag examples no, but simply 2D graphics examples:

Again, please bear in mind this is older work, it's improved alot since these:

http://www.devogeninteractive.com/sigs/

http://www.devogeninteractive.com/guis/

Looks very nice. As an artist myself I would recommend you for sure. :3

I would ask for a flag, but I already made my own lol. Hmm though maybe since we both do art, we could do a flag trade or something. Might be interesting.

Looks very nice. As an artist myself I would recommend you for sure. :3

I would ask for a flag, but I already made my own lol. Hmm though maybe since we both do art, we could do a flag trade or something. Might be interesting.

Flags are something I hope everyone tries to make their own, all you need is MSPaint really, it just depends how serious some are about their space programs. All you need to do is see the amount of time

people dedicate to this game (which is quite disturbing... me included) and I figured there would be enough cause to ask if people wanted any done that look a bit more polished than MSPaint or a quick GIMP job.

@Kinky, yep no probs

Flags are something I hope everyone tries to make their own, all you need is MSPaint really, it just depends how serious some are about their space programs. All you need to do is see the amount of time

people dedicate to this game (which is quite disturbing... me included) and I figured there would be enough cause to ask if people wanted any done that look a bit more polished than MSPaint or a quick GIMP job.

@Kinky, yep no probs

I am actually a tad confused one what you are exactly saying there.

@Kinky, yep no probs

Learning InkScape. So far, I like it alot.

I am actually a tad confused one what you are exactly saying there.

I was trying to say that even people who find themselves challenged when doing any graphic work, should try and make a flag before requesting one. It's satisfying doing something for yourself sometimes :)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, I love looking at the graphics pages. And I may have a request in the next couple weeks if its not too busy, but now someones explained how to make bits transparent, I want to have another go first

I would like a flag similar to my current one. My one looks very cartoony and I would like it more professional. It is quite hard to explain really. My current flag is in my sig :huh:

That's that batch done, any more requests? additions?

I'd like some sort of combo flag between the United Federation flag and Portal 2.

Falling through the Stars of the Federation into a portal...

image.php?id=D2B2_51A898DE&jpgimage.php?id=9FA6_51A89D91&jpg

Perhaps something based on Grummans logo, Except with "Rehmke" instead of Grumman?

grumman_globe.jpeg

Everything, the colors, font, placement, is in your hands and capable judgement.

I tried to keep it a bit authentic, I didn't stray from the original colour's too much, just added a touch of gold to the old bird.

image.php?id=C9D5_51A898DE&jpgimage.php?id=E159_51A8A10F&jpg

My interpretation of it was that it was a general flag request thread, but if it is just that one person's thread then I retract my previous statement.

In fact, I have a request but it's fairly abstract. I already have a flag for my KSP corporation Munstak Industries, but I would like to see someone else's creative take on it. The theme is the company slogan "forever redefining what it means to be home."

Here's my current flag as a starting point: http://i.imgur.com/2ep6jSR.jpg

Well, heres my interpretation.. in a flag.. :)

image.php?id=3EDF_51A8A10F&jpgimage.php?id=EE8D_51A8A10F&jpg

I would like a flag similar to my current one. My one looks very cartoony and I would like it more professional. It is quite hard to explain really. My current flag is in my sig :huh:

image.php?id=B6C5_51A8A210&jpg

All it's missing is the Southern Cross :) <poke>

image.php?id=1635_51A898DE&jpgimage.php?id=8B91_51A8A10F&jpg

Could I request a Skylon SSTO spaceplane vertical like the first flag with 'The Ministry of Space' or 'MoS' and have the backround as navy blue, and could you make a version without any writing? :3 cheers!

Sure, here is a couple.. I didnt do one without text as I wasnt happy enough with any SSTO's I did, so yeah I might rework that on

image.php?id=E4E0_51A898DE&jpgimage.php?id=EEAC_51A898DE&jpg

image.php?id=4E6A_51A8A10F&jpg

We have one clear thread about this, no need for a second one imo. Anyone can request a flag there and anyone can pick up the task if he/she feels like it; I've done a couple myself.

I'm not a graphics artist, but I do enjoy using photoshop as a hobby. Does this thread mean I'm "not allowed" (mind the quotes) to pick up any design request that is made here? If it does, I don't like the idea 'cause you just "killed" my hobby... If it doesn't, we can just use the original thread and leave things the way they were.

We have one clear thread about this, no need for a second one imo. Anyone can request a flag there and anyone can pick up the task if he/she feels like it; I've done a couple myself.

I'm not a graphics artist, but I do enjoy using photoshop as a hobby. Does this thread mean I'm "not allowed" (mind the quotes) to pick up any design request that is made here? If it does, I don't like the idea 'cause you just "killed" my hobby... If it doesn't, we can just use the original thread and leave things the way they were.

I would prefer you stick to picking up requests from the other thread, that's about as nice as I can ask. If you want to keep picking up requests from the other thread, by all means go for it, if you want to start your own, go for it! the more the merrier I say. I am not a professional graphic artist, Ive just been a hobbyist since about oh.. 1984... sure Ive been paid here and there and done some freelance work, but I don't consider myself a professional really. I don't really see how I 'killed your hobby' I have not even posted in the other thread. I don't think you would appreciate if I go in there and start picking requests? probably not.

As I've said previously, There isn't a monopoly on offering free help or services to the community, I have done so here for some time now, and in the most diplomatic way I can think of saying it, err.. I won't be stopping the thread, nor the service.

Thanks for your co-operation.

I would prefer you stick to picking up requests from the other thread, that's about as nice as I can ask. If you want to keep picking up requests from the other thread, by all means go for it, if you want to start your own, go for it! the more the merrier I say. I am not a professional graphic artist, Ive just been a hobbyist since about oh.. 1984... sure Ive been paid here and there and done some freelance work, but I don't consider myself a professional really. I don't really see how I 'killed your hobby' I have not even posted in the other thread. I don't think you would appreciate if I go in there and start picking requests? probably not.

As I've said previously, There isn't a monopoly on offering free help or services to the community, I have done so here for some time now, and in the most diplomatic way I can think of saying it, err.. I won't be stopping the thread, nor the service.

Thanks for your co-operation.

I can't help feeling this being some sort of elitist thread; no offence. Why not just keep the request available to anyone in one simple and clear thread? What's wrong with picking up assignments over there?

I don't really see how I 'killed your hobby' I have not even posted in the other thread. I don't think you would appreciate if I go in there and start picking requests? probably not.

If you take a look, you can see anyone is picking up requests. It's not confined to one artist... No one is offended if you pick up assignments over there.

Edited by Peenvogel

I can't help feeling this being some sort of elitist thread; no offence. Why not just keep the request available to anyone in one simple and clear thread? What's wrong with picking up assignments over there?

If you take a look, you can see anyone is picking up requests. It's not confined to one artist... No one is offended if you pick up assignments over there.

I'm sorry If I came off as Elitist, that's just what I sound like when I'm trying to be nice, I could have just given you a reply of "No" which would have sufficed, but it might have come off a bit more abrupt than than my reply. I don't see this as an issue really, if that other thread is a free for all, then even better, there will be some great and unique flags come out of it.

I think you are sort of missing the point, but anyway.. I don't think I'm really going over the top to kindly ask that you just let me do the requests in this thread.

They are just flags after all :) We all will most likely end up with thousands in there eventually.

Let's not make an argument out of this, but I think it is you who is missing the point here. It's not a nice thing to claim requests if before those were open to anybody. As I stated, this is a hobby of mine. When I have some spare time, I like to make some flags... I really don't get it why this thread should only be privileged to you. What is wrong with the other public thread? Why can't you just join the other artists instead? What's so special about this thread that we can't touch it?

I don't see what's wrong with devo having a thread for users to request flags. Many forums I've been on had signature request threads where 1 user would make signatures for others and no one complained about elitism.

I don't see what's wrong with devo having a thread for users to request flags. Many forums I've been on had signature request threads where 1 user would make signatures for others and no one complained about elitism.

The OP can have his thread, but I just wanted to express how I feel about it. Imagine you have a restaurant and I open one next to yours and call it "the main entrance"... it's not a nice thing to do. I don't have ample time to make flags, I just want to pick up the ideas that I think are cool to make. The OP could also have joined the others, but by separating himself from the group and tell others not to touch these requests, does feel like elitism. I just liked the idea that anyone was working together; imo there's no need to change that.

The OP can have his thread, but I just wanted to express how I feel about it. Imagine you have a restaurant and I open one next to yours and call it "the main entrance"... it's not a nice thing to do. I don't have ample time to make flags, I just want to pick up the ideas that I think are cool to make. The OP could also have joined the others, but by separating himself from the group and tell others not to touch these requests, does feel like elitism. I just liked the idea that anyone was working together; imo there's no need to change that.

Ok, let's stop it here; We don't want this to go off-rails, do we?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.