Fuel Train won't dock with Space Station (checked Docking Ports already)

Hello, in this right moment I am trying to dock my fuel train with my Space Station Around Kerbin,

i quicksaved in the moment when both docking ports are pretty close (actually touching eachother). They are slightly inclined but even if i press them closer together the magnetic lock just never starts to take action.

(Fuel Train ~80t, Station ~65t) And yes, the docking ports are on the placed on the right direction (actually both of them had already been docked to sth. else).

twSXjcE.png?1

I hope someone could help me :X

Have you disabled ASAS? If both ships have ASAS enabled and they have enough torque, they won't dock.

I've also noticed that the Sr. docking ports might need to be even better lined up than in the picture for the magnets to engage. Although, I might be remembering incorrectly, because I haven't gotten a chance to use them much yet.

Well, the Space Station has ASAS enabled, I'm trying right now to switch to it disable it then switch back and try to dock, but it moves too far off course. The Train got really bad maneuvering as all the RCS is on the Tail, the Space Station is still in its early phase so it can move fairly well, but the docking port is on the side so the only way to see if its aligned is if i switch my control to it but then moving this thing becomes crazy.

• 9 months later...

Same thing happened to me today. I tried to dock another module to my space station using Sr. docking ports, but the magnetic lock won't engage. Yesterday everything was fine and working. The module was previously attached to a rocket (at 100m from the space station now) using the same Sr. docking port. Also tried to dock the module to another docking port of the space station and the magnetic lock won't engage. I have a rocket attached to the side of the space station, I undocked it and tried to dock it again in the same place: magnetic lock won't engage. Not even after quicksaving, reloading, restarting the game. Deactivated ASAS and RCS. Still nothing.

PS: The modules at the extremes are identical copies. Yesterday I docked the middle section to the first module. All Sr. docking ports are positioned correctly. I have MechJeb and Protractor installed. Docking with MechJeb went just fine yesterday. Today it won't engage the magnetic lock. Manual docking is the same.

Here are some pics:

10hvqlt.jpg

zoobt.jpg

Dunno if you know this but you have to move the ports away from each other after undocking to get the magnets to reset. I think minimum is 20m not sure exactly. If you've saved and reloaded already I assume it would save it in it's inactive state and you will have to edit your save file.

Restaring the game didn't help. I know about the minimum distance, went 30m away from the port and tried to dock again, but the magnetic lock won't activate. The ports are correctly placed, no clipping, no wrong way installed. I will try to edit the save file (hopefully I can manage that) and will get back later with the results.

I gave up and simply launched another ship. The docking port Sr. on the old one wouldn't engage it's magnetic lock. The new ship docked without problems.

I think this problem occurred when I saved the game with the 2 ships in close proximity, but not close enough so they would dock. Thanks for the help. Have a beautiful day!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.