"Octagon Corporation" release zone

Octagon

Great mod so far! I built a quick VTOL jet fighter, The Cyclonus (I like Transformers), to test your stuff, to great effect!

One small idea for the Cyclone engine, Tweakable for starting in VTOL Mode. :D

But otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Cool that you got a vtol to work with FAR :D

Just got the new update off spaceport, can you tell me what the twister mk 2 and the turbocharger are supposed to do? They both only have 1kn of thrust

Edit: oooh they generate hot and cold air, but why do they produce thrust?

Edited by Boamere

Just got the new update off spaceport, can you tell me what the twister mk 2 and the turbocharger are supposed to do? They both only have 1kn of thrust

I'm sorry for this, I hadn't updated the corporations thread yet. Twister Mk.2 generates Hot/Cold Air with great efficiency, So you can have, in the same plane, separated systems for both high and low performance. The turbocharger main function is to increase the amount of AirIntake/ATM/Cold Air generated per second. Also, it makes possible to run engines at high altitude, or at Layth, since it increases the amount of air provided to the engines. The reason why they have only 1kN is because they use an "engine module" to work.:D:D:D

P.S.: When I first uploaded the upgraded, I was a little busy, I intend to upgrade the thread soon.

Edited by Octagon

I'm sorry for this, I hadn't updated the corporations thread yet. Twister Mk.2 generates Hot/Cold Air with great efficiency, So you can have, in the same plane, separated systems for both high and low performance. The turbocharger main function is to increase the amount of AirIntake/ATM/Cold Air generated per second. Also, it makes possible to run engines at high altitude, or at Layth, since it increases the amount of air provided to the engines. The reason why they have only 1kN is because they use an "engine module" to work.:D:D:D

P.S.: When I first uploaded the upgraded, I was a little busy, I intend to upgrade the thread soon.

Thanks for the help! :D Love the idea of hot air and cold air It's really cool :)

UPGRADES!!!

This upgrade focus on my VTOL system. From now on all engines will generate, such as the reals, both cold and hot air. The idea is to improve the realism and give some more options. Either, is possible to operate VTOLs on EVE with the OCTAGON SUPER CHARGER and the OCTAGON COLD AIR NOZZLE. Also, the new version of "TWISTER" gives you the ability to have thrust any where of the ship/plane. And the last, the next upgrade will include some Octagon Corporation personalized Fuselage systems and the corporation intends to increase the quality of the textures.

Some pictures:

GAcqbyj.png

4aImXM4.png

v2.0(01/15/2014)add:

Resource Hot Air;

Resource Cold Air;

Resource ATM;

Octagon Twister Mk.2;

Octagon Hot Air Nozzle;

Octagon Cold Air Nozzle;

Octagon Super Charger;

Octagon Radial Cold Air Tank;

modify;

All Engines now generate Hot/Cold Air;

All Fuel tanks can store a small amount of Cold Air;

P.S.: Boamare :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Octagon

i dont think this thread is dead yet, so ill post. what modular parts do you plan to include? modular wing parts? modular engine? adaptors? i want to know what awesome ships ill be able to build with this awesome mod

i dont think this thread is dead yet, so ill post. what modular parts do you plan to include? modular wing parts? modular engine? adaptors? i want to know what awesome ships ill be able to build with this awesome mod

You are correct, the thread is not dead!!! Well... I plan to include in the "modular parts": Body parts, cargo bays, intakes, wings, control surfaces, adapters... I'm also planning cockpits(but I still need to learn how to create the internals...).

P.S.: Don't worry, sometimes I disappear because I like to make surprises. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have a copy of this mod saved or backed up somewhere?

The DL link has been dead for a long time now and I've wanted to get a copy of this mod for a while to see if it's worth reviving/updating.

I'm assuming the author is no longer maintaining this project and some of the part ideas presented with this mod seem interesting enough to

consider remodeling and updating them. Maybe even developing them a bit further. But I haven't even seen this mod in action before, I

discovered it long after the download link had died, so I don't even know if the mod functioned well (or at all).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.