[20.2] KW Rocketry 2.4

Winston

It does not use those, instead there are separate interstage fairing parts (see the Structural tab).

On a similar note, those interstage fairings act as adapters of a sort. But what seems to be missing, and would be nice to have is some basic adapters. Say a 3.75-to-2.5 adapter.

Woah, this is back? The greatest parts pack of KSP?

Does this mean I can officially make my request for an optimization pass on all the parts? The entire pack is 400 megs and is a complete RAM whore when loaded into Unity and causes more problems then it's worth. Decoupler shrouds should be one or two megs, not EIGHT as is the case in the 3m version.

I can't stand playing without this pack, but I can't stand the inevitable instability that comes about from using it :/

Also, I think there needs to be small tweaks to the fuel capacity of the tanks. This diagram illustrates the problem: http://i.imgur.com/n2DDs5e.png. For a given fuel tank size, vanilla tanks have superior capacity and are probably a better choice.

Edited by Frostiken

Woah, this is back? The greatest parts pack of KSP?

Does this mean I can officially make my request for an optimization pass on all the parts? The entire pack is 400 megs and is a complete RAM whore when loaded into Unity and causes more problems then it's worth. Decoupler shrouds should be one or two megs, not EIGHT as is the case in the 3m version.

I can't stand playing without this pack, but I can't stand the inevitable instability that comes about from using it :/

already been said that this is being worked on, the update was just to get it working post 0.20 in the mean time

I am almost in tears over how happy I am to hear from the creator of this pack again, especially after the old thread from before the purge was closed until further notice... Good to have you guys back on the modding scene with this amazing pack, and I look foreward to all the amazing updates that are yet to come! :D

And another +1 from me for this, but I'll also add an explanation in case the poster of the original comment (who wants the sides attached first) is wondering why the hell anyone would prefer this...

While attaching the sides first might be more intuitive for a completely new user, the problem comes when you want to attach the nose: The nose is always the most limiting part as it's placement is dictated by the size of the payload. You would attach one side at a time, grab the nose to see if it fits, if not then return it and grab another side and so on. With the nose added first you can place it to the first/best place and then fill in the sides. Since the anchor points are spaced correctly this always works out and makes constructing the noses just a whole lot faster. Might be insignificant for small payloads, but it for larger ones it makes quite the difference...

Also: YAY Winston is BACK! Looking forward to the version using the new directory structure and/or reducing memory usage by incorporating Taverius' advice/tips.

Also, since the old thread is gone now, another big thank you from me for making this pack. I can't even imagine KSP-ing without it, it's just essential! Seriously, THANK YOU!

What I would like to see, though, are fairing tops that are also not nosecones-- truncated cones, like some of the NP ones. KW has them as adapter pieces, but I'd like one I can put fairing walls underneath.

I use KW tanks the most and when I installed everything I could find for .20 I was shocked to find my favourite tanks missing. Then I realised it was KW Rocketry missing.

This has to be my favourite pack out of all. It just has a "feel right" factor of 10/10. I love the fairings. If there is one thing wrong with the pack though it would be the Interstages. They inevitably have to be strutted to hell and back because they bend like bendy-bus. Oh and as someone else has said, the 3.75 one tends to stick and cause the engine to have zero thrust, even though it is firing right through the interstage. But if you use the Atlas, it seem to work OK. It just doesn't like some engines.

Looking forward to the updates...

I installed KW last night, but the parts didn't show up anywhere. Yes I installed it under GameData.

Any ideas?

Later I'll try again with KW as the only installed mod.

I installed KW last night, but the parts didn't show up anywhere. Yes I installed it under GameData.

Any ideas?

Later I'll try again with KW as the only installed mod.

this has not been updated to go into game data, you need to install it in the legacy parts folder

Watch the movie about fairings in the first post, You'll see that you must build in this order (Base, NOSE, Walls)!!!

fairing working just fine for me, best part of the KW kit imo, most used by me at least

This is what I mean

looks like your using expanded fairings on a normal(non-expanded) fairing base

or maybe mixing sizes? that's what it looks like in the pic to me at least

Edited by KhaosCorp

this has not been updated to go into game data, you need to install it in the legacy parts folder

OH!

Well then. That would do it, wouldn't it LOL

I assumed it had been updated to the new folder structure as what I downloaded said it was updated to 0.20.1

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-kw-rocketry-overhauled/

Perhaps this should be clarified on the SpacePort page then plz thx. :D

In the first couple pages someplace Winston says he is planning on working KW into the new file structure n such....from my (very limited) understanding of it there's more to it than new file folders for sorting, part can actually share certain files...Im not the one to explain all that though (not by a long shot lol)

Keep in mind all that its been kinda crazy since 0.20 hit, and a lot of places its end of school year too