[WIP]United Launch Alliance Pack *V1.0RC1 Released*

Chimer4

DEVS PLEASE READ!

Ok I think I have the answer to the solid rocket booster spin, it is caused by the non symmetrical placement of the srb's so I think it could be fixed by adding thrust vectoring to them. It would be much appreciated if you could test my idea and see if it works or not.

DEVS PLEASE READ!

Ok I think I have the answer to the solid rocket booster spin, it is caused by the non symmetrical placement of the srb's so I think it could be fixed by adding thrust vectoring to them. It would be much appreciated if you could test my idea and see if it works or not.

Manual flight has not revealed any issues. Mechjeb can't fly half my stock rockets so I won't try and place the burden of off center thrust on it. Gimbling isn't hard to edit in the CFG line. Just turn it up from where ever it is at to where ever you want it too be. The number increments are degrees. If a model is child-ed the thrustTransform in Unity then the nozzle will move with it but this isn't necessary. to Basically, I don't ever expect an autopilot to be able to fly something. If Mechjeb can, that is just a bonus.

You could just test it yourself...simply add higher gimbal range to the cgf of the SRBs. The problem is just that Mechjeb can't deal with the uneven thrust...flying manually isn't too much of an issue.

The above statement is true. Thanks.

Yep, thanks. I am aware of this issue. However since the CSS is being completely remodeled and the bug is caused by the median in Blender not being at 0,0,0 I decided that since the COM is still lined up (the thrustTransform is also slightly offset if you look closely) It is merely a graphical error and it will be fixed with the new model.

Yep, thanks. I am aware of this issue. However since the CSS is being completely remodeled and the bug is caused by the median in Blender not being at 0,0,0 I decided that since the COM is still lined up (the thrustTransform is also slightly offset if you look closely) It is merely a graphical error and it will be fixed with the new model.

CSS? You've been thinkin' about that mod waaaaay to much recently. (Then again, so have the rest of us!)

CSS as in Cryogenic Second Stage. I am unaware of any other CSS's that I would be other than this one. . . .

@Chimer4 Great! The Delta IV textures have gone almost nowhere due to a lack of free time but they are still happening, maybe by Christmas? ;) Or before then. Depends on my motivation level.

CSS as in Cryogenic Second Stage. I am unaware of any other CSS's that I would be other than this one. . . .

@Chimer4 Great! The Delta IV textures have gone almost nowhere due to a lack of free time but they are still happening, maybe by Christmas? ;) Or before then. Depends on my motivation level.

I believe that he may have been referring to the component space shuttle mod by cephus.

Also, going back to the question of gimbaling on the SRBs, it is not something that I will do, as from what I have read, the real ones don't have it. It is easy enough to fly the Atlas manually

Ok guys, I might have some update news out tomorrow with shots of new upper stage/s and new textures, depending on how things work out tomorrow :) Also please don't consider this mod as 0.21 ready, it is possible (although unnlikely) that something may break. If you do find something, please feel free to let us know here

But for now, seeing as 0.21 is out, it is time for my obligatory new save and landing on the Mun :D

Why thank you guys :) a bit annoyed about something though, it is supposed to say AV-001 near the bottom of the CCB. It looked fine in blender and unity, but is really smudged in the game, but the text on the engine nozzles looks just fine :/

Anyway, the old CCB had a single 1024x1024 texture, the New one has a 4096x4096 texture for the main tank and 2 2048x2048 textures for the details. And the new tank has about 3000 less tris!

Ok guys, the Centaur has now been given a makeover. It now has built in RCS thrusters, a new model and a new coat of paint. I shall post a sketchfab shortly

The RCS actually works! I'm actually quite impressed that I didn't muck it up :D

1eADfVW.jpg

Edited by Chimer4

Well, the first release wasn't exactly good enough seeing as it was a bit borked :P

But thanks for the kind words, although personally I wouldn't say I was up with the best :D I have put a bit more effort into the models and textures this time, and they are all actually hand painted (well, mouse painted) textures. I didn't use any images for any of the textures, apart from the logos of course. I just started painting in GIMP until I was satisfied.

But now the two biggest parts of the overhaul are done, the CCB and Centaur. I'll do the ISA and fairings tomorrow, and possibly the SRBs and decouplers depending on how it goes.

Are you going to do a Double Engine Centaur? I know that the Atlas V never actually flew with it, but it'd be a nice addition, and shouldn't be that hard to make.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.