[WIP]United Launch Alliance Pack *V1.0RC1 Released*

Chimer4

1. Finish texturing first release of Compact Rocketry (signing up was an accident, I swear)

Hey Blazing, read this, and couldn't help but wonder why you thought that. I mean, I can see you are clearly busy,

but if you think it was an accident, why are you still working for us? Kinda sad to hear you don't want to keep

working with us :(

Hey Blazing, read this, and couldn't help but wonder why you thought that. I mean, I can see you are clearly busy,

but if you think it was an accident, why are you still working for us? Kinda sad to hear you don't want to keep

working with us :(

You misinterpret me. . . I have promised this thread an update since about two weeks into June and I keep managing to procrastinate working on it. I have thoroughly enjoyed Compact Rocketry and hope to continue working with you. Sometime* I just have to actually work on this. It was my first solo** modding endevour.

*Sometime does not actually represent any time at all

**Solo meaning doing models texture and Unity. Chimer 4 is a highly skilled modder and I am very happy to have the chance to work with him/her

Edited by BlazingAngel665

Sounds fun. It can be on my project list below

1. Finish texturing first release of Compact Rocketry (signing up was an accident, I swear)

2. Finish the new DCSS which has proved to be the biggest drag since the invention of manual labor.

3. Finish Re-texture of the rest of the Delta IV at my new HiRes level (it looks beautiful I must say)

4. Create the GEMs for the Delta IV

5. Create the Tycho Brahe for the Copenhagen Suborbitals Pack

6. Don't fail school

7. 4m DCSS, 4m, fairings, dream chaser, new planet, learn to code, etc.

Now I feel bad for thinking it was finally time for new textures on the Delta. My bad. I tried Blender and gave up quickly because I was so frustrated with it. I'm a print-based graphic designer so while I'm great in Photoshop, 3D tools like Blender really throw me for a loop. Sorry man!

Now I feel bad for thinking it was finally time for new textures on the Delta. My bad. I tried Blender and gave up quickly because I was so frustrated with it. I'm a print-based graphic designer so while I'm great in Photoshop, 3D tools like Blender really throw me for a loop. Sorry man!

No problem. Modding is a big hobby of mine so depending on how inspired I am this list could take me three days or three years. But Compact Rocketry is almost done (the texture assets for it. . . I started another mod actually (sorry sorry) that is adding some sub parts for the new Hooligan Mod. It is really awesome. But it isn't complicated or very indepth so I think I'm in good shape to finish the Delta IV 0.3 release Soon TM.

I'm not sure yet, I was planning on doing the Athena rockets, but I'm not sure about them. I'll also get around to doing the phase 2 update, when I have an idea of how I want them to look. Also dream chaser might be a possibility

There already is a really good Athena pack. I'd rather see earlier Atlas versions. Say, from II to III. Frizzank is planning to make the original Atlas (mostly for Mercury program), but if you wanted to do the "letter" series, that'd be fine, too (his rockets are not realistically scaled).

Atlas_evolution.png

Who's done the Athena rockets? I hadn't noticed then. I'm not too bothered about making them though, so no loss there. I could do the older atlas tickets, their stage and a half designs were quite interesting

If you want to fly it realistically with RL setups then there is no way, the unbalanced nature of it causes it to rotate. Rotating the SRBs a bit can help. The only real way to stop it is to use a balance setup

• 2 weeks later...

@scorchdestroya

Not on my end. . . the Delta IV remodel is just a little beyond my skill level though. For every hour I spend modeling I spend three watching tutorials. And finding textures is even harder and school has started which gives me about half an hour an evening to work on this plus my other three mods so yeah, do the math.

@scorchdestroya

Not on my end. . . the Delta IV remodel is just a little beyond my skill level though. For every hour I spend modeling I spend three watching tutorials. And finding textures is even harder and school has started which gives me about half an hour an evening to work on this plus my other three mods so yeah, do the math.

Thanks for the update. Not having a post for a fortnight did have some sort of suspiciousness to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, how's the work going on this pack? I've been thinking that it'd be really nice to see an Atlas III 1st stage. Since it's pretty much the only difference between Atlas III and V (aside from avionics changes), it wouldn't take much to include an Atlas III in the pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.