Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies [v0.5] [REMASTERED]

Slew

Hey! While I\'m here...

The 1m->2m fairing cone adapter.. I\'ve noticed that one part alone causes a massive FPS drop for me on any medium complexity rocket usually just until it\'s jettisoned. On a slightly more complicated rocket (That runs fine without the part), the inclusion of that one part will kill my framerate any time it\'s close enough to have it\'s physics calculated. Warping >x2 and taking things out of physics brings my framerate back to normal while I warp. I think something might be wrong with it.

You know, a more powerful 1m engine would be useful.

More powerful than the RD-88? That thing is almost as powerful as a 2m engine!

What on Kerbin are you trying to lift? :P

It would be nice to cut RD-77 and P-500 in two parts - actually the engine and side-mounted fuel tank - and to increase RD-77 characteristics to match with RD-88 performance. For greater convenience and greater flexibility.

Can this MOD be used in conjunction with any other mods? I have 3 copies of KSP installed 1 stock, 1 Novasilisko and 1 Novapunch, can i run this mod with any of my modded copies or does it need a clean slate copy to work?

Guest Flixxbeatz

Can this MOD be used in conjunction with any other mods? I have 3 copies of KSP installed 1 stock, 1 Novasilisko and 1 Novapunch, can i run this mod with any of my modded copies or does it need a clean slate copy to work?

I thought I\'m just the only one who has multiple copies of KSP. lol :D

Got 2 copies anyway: Vanilla (with SIDR, KW, SP, and tons of other mods) and Silisko Edition (with KW Challenger and NovaPunch) :)

Guest Flixxbeatz

More powerful than the RD-88? That thing is almost as powerful as a 2m engine!

What on Kerbin are you trying to lift? :P

ss20110730020646.png

8)

Image courtesy of NovaSilisko.

It would be nice to cut RD-77 and P-500 in two parts - actually the engine and side-mounted fuel tank - and to increase RD-77 characteristics to match with RD-88 performance. For greater convenience and greater flexibility.

I considered that. Honestly, I went with one-part engines because they\'re simpler. I may revisit this decision in the future.

Down Under is compatible with all other mods. There shouldn\'t be any naming conflicts.

Balance-wise, it\'s designed to coexist with the default parts (not Silisko Edition).

I need a center stack engine. Not a radial liquid.

The RD-88 is a stacking engine with a thrust of 225. It\'s the orange one.

The RD-77 is the tall side engine with just 75 thrust.

ss20110730020646.png

8)

Image courtesy of NovaSilisko.

Touché.

---

In other news, the next update is coming along nicely.

I\'ve added some easy-to-use nosecone fairings (2m diameter), a brand new ASAS instrument ring, an RCS fuel tank, an even narrower decoupler and a tiny engine for orbital manuevers.

Next up: landing legs!