Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies [v0.5] [REMASTERED]

Slew

Interesting graphical issue under the engine there, in the beginning of the first video.

[edit]

Also, that\'s a very strong engine you have there; you clipped the tip of it at just over 44 m/s. Your cockpit also hit the hitch in the terrain there at around 35 m/s.

[/edit]

Interesting graphical issue under the engine there, in the beginning of the first video.

[edit]

Also, that\'s a very strong engine you have there; you clipped the tip of it at just over 44 m/s. Your cockpit also hit the hitch in the terrain there at around 35 m/s.

[/edit]

The shadow engine is still pretty bad. Better than no real time shadows at all right?

i know the small 'flying' return capsules tend to have a parragliding parachute, to produce lift and compensate for the poor wing lift. is this possible to make in KSP yet, or do parrachutes only reduce kinetic energy in the direction of travel?

I actually plan on having such a parachute, but semininja is right, it can only apply drag.

One question...drag chute? Been trying to get the radial mounted chute to connect to the vanguard and it won\'t. Although doesn\'t the game engine eject the parachute the second your on the ground anyway?

In the absence of aerodynamic lift, this is probably going to be the main function of the parachute.

It might also be useful for water landings.

All the parts have extremely high crashTolerance for testing.

I may lower the values later, but I don\'t want to make the plane too difficult to land.

Are you going to / is it possible to add landing gear?

No landing gear, unfortunately.

Love the plane. First thought watching it, though: 'It\'s like a fat Vanguard with toast on the bottom' =P

Thanks, Nova. Glad you like it. :)

so...anything? i mean, i know that part makers don\'t like to be rushed so i haven\'t commented on this thread as of late BUT I AM JIZZING IN MY PANTS with anticipation...how much longer man?

This weekend.

I really can\'t wait. Are you going to include a launcher craft file? So people can try your Ausplane without fumbling about with different rockets.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Yeah, once I figure out the best design.

The Ausplane looks terrific, but I am wondering if it is possible to attach anything to the nose of the craft. It would be handy later on, considering the developmental push for space stations.

Very nice Design ! Thx !

However, the shuttle is nearly uncontrolable above 80m/s under 5\'000m. Do you have some advices to handle it ? (despite the current atmospherix model)

What\'s happening? Is it pitching down?

What\'s happening? Is it pitching down?

It\'s pitching up. until near 90° up. But i\'m confident in Slew, \'cause the problem is almost certainly the atmospheric model. I can\'t believe a wing build lift at 40+° attack angle, evan a Kerbal one =P

It\'s pitching up. until near 90° up. But i\'m confident in Slew, \'cause the problem is almost certainly the atmospheric model. I can\'t believe a wing build lift at 40+° attack angle, evan a Kerbal one =P

It also may have to do with the game lacking proper wings.