help with fuel lines, please

I can't get this stage working, what happens is that the two tanks marked with blue x's run out before their counterparts on the other side of the rocket. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong with it?

screenshot0.jpg

and the other side

screenshot1.jpg

Edited by kurja

ok my understanding of the situation is the following.

You want the side tanks (left and right in both pics) to empty into both X's and their counterparts on the other side. you then want them to empty into the central external tanks, which you want to empty into the BOTs.

The main problem is the fuel logic doesnt work well with one to many to one.

there was a great thread on fuel logic, but i doubt it survived the almost recent forum troubles.

Looks to me like you have the outer fuel tanks all connected to each other in a loop. The game doesn't handle that well. The first tanks to be staged shouldn't have any fuel lines running into them and the last tanks to be staged shouldn't have any fuel lines running out of them.

Each engine needs to see a linear or branching tree of fuel tanks. If it can see more than one route to a single tank (either by forking then merging, or by looping), you break the fuel-flow logic and can get asymmetrical draining.

ok thanks, fuel line logic doesn't cope with what I tried.

I tried to get the tanks on right and left to fall first, then those on the corners of the six remaining, leaving the two attached to the center stage. I guess I'm just going to have to come up with a different design.

Try this one

WqxjJWg.png?1

And tell me if it works like you want to.

Edit: forgot to link the two side 2,5 m sections to the center one.... you'll get the the idea.

Edited by DoToH

I made the experience, that ring fuel lines do whatever they want and not what you expect from them. So - never build a closed loop (in which direction ever!) Break up your ring, and everything should be fine and working as expected.

Fuel lines are bugged and do not behave as expected when a loop in flow is formed even in only one direction. You will find that because you have tanks draining into multiple other tanks, and multiple tanks draining into the same tanks, it will draw fuel unevenly and out of order. This is what is happening in your case. Your best bet is to go with Brenock's suggestion above, quoted below for convenience:

Do you really need that much fuel lines? What are you trying to do?

Maybe you should try this variation of Aspargus:

aspargus.png

every tank should have only one fuel line leading into it, and one fuel line leading out, and no more, except for the core stage (which can have multiples leading in but none leading out except to engines)

Try this one

WqxjJWg.png?1

And tell me if it works like you want to.

Edit: forgot to link the two side 2,5 m sections to the center one.... you'll get the the idea.

It works, apart from that the two orange tanks on the sides will run out before the last white tanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.