[0.20] Togglable ASAS

jheriko

By request of a forum user over in the request forums here is a plugin which adds duplicates of the ASAS parts with the option to enable or disable them individually. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34031-Toggle-Passive-ASAS)

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/togglable-asas/

This should allows you to toggle each ASAS unit you include in your rocket, spaceplane, rover... or airship as it might happen to be.

There was such a mod before, but it has code rotted away... apologies for recreating previous work, but it was relatively quick and easy. If the previous plugin author wants to reclaim this he may do so and I will not object. :)

I have tested it before and after save as well as before and after returning to space centre - both from orbit and at the launch pad to ensure that the state saves correctly. This feels like flimsy testing, so bug reports etc. are appreciated. The biggest problem I see is that the enable/disable button asks you for the command to change the state without showing you the state itself, which may be counter-intuitive but is a problem with the previous mod and many user interfaces of this kind. The only reasons I have not added a separate status line are simplicity and to keep in line with the original request... but I am not adverse to doing this.

I've been using the old one. It seems to work. (Although I haven't been playing much lately, so I cannot vouch for high levels of testing.)

I am glad there is an official .20 version now. Thank you.

Hmm. I never checked the old one, I simply took the poster's advice that it didn't at face value.

Typical. I guess I tested everything except whether the effort was even worthwhile. :confused:

Edited by jheriko
smiley was not cool... :)

I never actually did test the old one:blush:, i just figured the new system broke it like most other mods. I suppose i should have checked first, but hey! You said you wanted something to work on, and now we have an official 0.20.X version so everybody wins! Thanks again for the mod, works great!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.