Enigma II - About as off-topic as it gets

chobit-389

Make sure you do so. Yuck, bacon.

Why don't you like bacon?

Bacon is amazing when properly prepared, and goes well with a long list of main and side courses. Just gotta degrease it properly by gently squeezing it between two paper towels after it comes out of the frying pan.

Jewish upbringing. Never developed a taste for it, and now that I've tried it, people's love for it continues to perplex me. Harsher in hindsight, eh Rage? :P

@Leon too.

INFIDEL! INFIDEL!!!!

This is UNACCEPTABLE!

@Leon you will eat bacon for TEH SECRIT!

Jewish upbringing. Never developed a taste for it, and now that I've tried it, people's love for it continues to perplex me. Harsher in hindsight, eh Rage? :P

You were Jewish?

I take it you don't practice the religion anymore?

Interesting.

It must be an acquired taste then, like so many other things. It's usually chewy and rich in flavor, typically prepared by hickory smoking before pan frying.

Properly prepared it has a strong and distinct flavor, while being chewy with crunchy edges.

A lot of people overcook it, making it dry and crunchy throughout instead of moist and chewy.

Nothing natural about being a vegetarian.

Omnivores rule!

*Omnivore high-five*

Please note that I am fiercely atheist, and don't hold the religious convictions of my grandparents against me (even though they were traditionalists rather than religious).

Never said it was natural, its more ethical. And upbringing.

animals murder and eat each other on a daily basis, and it's unethical for us to do so?

@satcharna: *omnivore-Atheist high five*

You were Jewish?

I take it you don't practice the religion anymore?

I only ever practiced the religion when my grandmother asked me to. I love that old lady, and I'd never do anything to upset her.

*Omnivore high-five*

Please note that I am fiercely atheist, and don't hold the religious convictions of my grandparents against me (even though they were traditionalists rather than religious).

I see.

I myself am a Christian to an extent. Not a bible nut by any means, however. Generally, I use the term "Modernist Christian" to describe my beliefs, however vain it seems.

Also @ your latest post -

That's very nice of you, respecting your elders.

Explain the presence of canines in our mouth, please.

Used for tearing meat. Doesn't mean that we have to use them. We don't use our appendixes. And they can be used to tear other things.

Can we not have this argument. I'm not forcing my beliefs onto people, simply explaining them. I respect other peoples beliefs and would like them to extend the same courtesy.