Pico Space Program

The Ike-1 was designed to be as minimalistic as possible so that it is both a challenging and fun to fly (at least for me).

Oh well :D

Then again, the Angara works as a nice launcher for any small probe or rover you can design...

Edited by Gojira

It's time.

RaHg7S0.jpg

These are just stunning. The detail is amazing. How long did it take to bang these out in the VAB? Also, this might be a completely nub'ish question but how did you get those tanks to come together near the top of each stage on the Soyuz and on the bottom stage of the other rocket shown.

These are just stunning. The detail is amazing. How long did it take to bang these out in the VAB? Also, this might be a completely nub'ish question but how did you get those tanks to come together near the top of each stage on the Soyuz and on the bottom stage of the other rocket shown.

The Saturn V took longer than the N1. There were actually two versions of the Saturn V. The first one was build back in 0.18, and the second in 0.20 - that's about 6 months apart! I was figuring out the technique of making the tanks bigger in the first version and it wasn't that good.

olURt.jpg

While building the second version, I realized that I can use cubic struts and solar panels to make mini fairings in which you can see between the stages of the rocket.

I built and tested the N1 within an hour.

If you turn off part clipping, you can tanks radially on a tank and rotate them into the center tank. On the N1, I simply made a core out of trusses, rotated the tanks 180 degrees, and put tanks around it.

Edited by Giggleplex777

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.