Career prospects for someone with a BS in Nuclear Engineering, and an MS in Aerospace

Hi everyone. I'm a graduate of the University of Florida, and I received my bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering. At the time I was in Navy ROTC, and had an interest in becoming an officer on a nuclear submarine. However, as my career evolved so did my professional interests, and I started to feel like I wasn't honoring my path by going into the Navy. As a senior with only months to go before getting my commission, I dropped the program and decided to try my luck at the private sector.

I don't regret the decision, but I have yet to find a job in the private sector for nuclear engineering. I decided that I have an inspired passion for aerospace engineering, and have since applied for graduate school at UF a master's in Aerospace Engineering. Against all odds, I was accepted!

So I have about two months to go before I start graduate school, and I'm starting to have second thoughts. My interest in Aerospace Engineering is still there, but I have this Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering that I have yet to use, and all of the people I went to school with have gone on to get lucrative nuclear engineering jobs...

Now, I am diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, so seeing this has a way of getting under my skin more than it'd get under others. I'm worried that I will never get the opportunity to use my highly specialized undergraduate education, and that employers will look past my master's degree and refuse to hire me because I do not have a more in-depth background.

My ideal solution would be to practice both degrees in my graduate period of study by researching nuclear propulsion methods in space travel, which would put me in a position of desirability for my dream job, which is to work for NASA or SpaceX... I'm worried though that it still won't be enough, and would like to see if there are career options for me if I pursue this path, or to see if I can switch my graduate focus to nuclear engineering before the damage is done.

Does anybody have useful advice for me?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.