Republic Fairkerbal Combat Aircraft *Update 10/23/11

DrSinn

Fairkerbal Aircraft Combat Engineering

When I was messing around with the original aircraft wings that were released with the game during 0.7 or 0.8 I could not get any of it to work, and at the time nobody was saying anything about it possibly because they were too busy building spaceships. So I gave up on avionics, but after streaming some KSP and getting encouragement from some bro\'s I went back to avionics recently with C7.

Republic Fairkerbal EX-3

'Kerbals from Above'

YCQvE.png

Specifications

Armament: (Prime)1 UB100 (B Variant)4 UB101

Boosters: 2x C7AX-301

Countermeasures: (B Variant)Combat chaffs

Advanced SAS module for stable leveling flight

B variant armed with in-wing levels

rbVtI.png

MwzOP.png

Bomb drop

rGCtF.jpg

Q1WMI.jpg

JNXgo.jpg

Landing

kHjj0.jpg

OVDta.jpg

What happens when I land 70% of the time ::)

qFQFq.jpg

Takes the left wing completely off or just a inner wing :D

Republic Fairkerbal EX-4

'Rolling Kerbal'

Gcvsh.png

Specifications

Armament: 4 UB101

Boosters: 3x C7AX-301

Countermeasures: None yet

No SAS module, all hands on flying

Equipped with in-wing surfaces

This guy was a bit tricky, at first I could not take her off because of the weight of the bombs that I put on, so I kept hitting the tower. I implemented a counter weight on the top of the craft to be separated after wind can be introduced to the fins.

ktrmY.png

iT8JQ.png

Innovative takeoff procedure I implemented

EawT6.jpg

w51Zl.jpg

First bomb drop

a4sPC.jpg

AbiGk.jpg

Second bomb drop

5IZGu.jpg

XANOi.jpg

Closeup of the decal I made

UqO7q.jpg

I think Bill realizes I did not put on landing gear yet ;P

Suggestions welcome

Lovely plane, never considered layering wings like that.

Really? That\'s kind of one of the main feature of the C7 set.

tail wheel, or do what the B-52 does, put wheels on the wing tips, maybe thats youre problem...or maybe youre drifting to one side and coming in a bit too hard and the game thinks youve collided

I am drifting to the side after I slow down to a certain point and my left wing lightly scrapes against the runway. But thanks for the idea

I use the side mounted parachutes from the DERP CO. Pack to slow my plane down before it lands. The placement of said chutes can be tricky, as too many will drop you straight down and not enough will have you end up dangling by the tail.

I use the side mounted parachutes from the DERP CO. Pack to slow my plane down before it lands. The placement of said chutes can be tricky, as too many will drop you straight down and not enough will have you end up dangling by the tail.

Thanks for the heads up, but that is not my problem. I am landing at an acceptable 40-50 m/s. However, AFTER I land I slowly turn right and my left wing tips down. I have solved this by moving the gears.

Really? That\'s kind of one of the main feature of the C7 set.

I\'ve seen lots of planes with the wings connected on their edges (mine included) but not stacked like roofing tiles like that. Yours is the 1st one I recall seeing.

I\'ve seen lots of planes with the wings connected on their edges (mine included) but not stacked like roofing tiles like that. Yours is the 1st one I recall seeing.

Cool, if you liked it, check the EX-4 out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.