What can i do to improve this scene?

rewdew2

Yeah, the modeling is rough, but skill in that improves with time.

As far as a rendering pass:

The lack of anything outside is distracting. play around with different texture walls/skyboxes/whatever youre using. real skys work well. Perhaps dusk, get some stars and some color shifting fro a sunset at the same time?

the floor is polished to a mirror-like shine! dull it down a bit.

the whole scene is evenly lit. Set up 'real light' locations where actual lights would be in that scene (versus the ones set up for a good render) and have them as the shadow-casting lights.

Once you have a shadow pass done, think about an AO pass as well. Probably overkill, but a good experience learning to set it up nonetheless.

In your next update, tell us the story of why there are gold bars and pancakes on the table. My curiosity is piqued ;)

Yeah, the modeling is rough, but skill in that improves with time.

As far as a rendering pass:

The lack of anything outside is distracting. play around with different texture walls/skyboxes/whatever youre using. real skys work well. Perhaps dusk, get some stars and some color shifting fro a sunset at the same time?

the floor is polished to a mirror-like shine! dull it down a bit.

the whole scene is evenly lit. Set up 'real light' locations where actual lights would be in that scene (versus the ones set up for a good render) and have them as the shadow-casting lights.

Once you have a shadow pass done, think about an AO pass as well. Probably overkill, but a good experience learning to set it up nonetheless.

In your next update, tell us the story of why there are gold bars and pancakes on the table. My curiosity is piqued ;)

Advice taken.

And this is the result.

vESUYoS.jpg

And i'm surprised you recognized those as pancakes.

I put them there because it looked empty, so i needed SOMETHING to put on it...

That other guy is staring at me.

Yes, his sole purpose is to stare into the souls of people, then rip it out with a voilent eye twitch.

Edited by rewdew2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.