Apoctalyptic KSP? [Large Picture]

NASI Director

Guys, we're putting off the obvious: KSP is set on a post-apocalypse Earth.

Think about it. The Kerbals are green because before the apocalypse, humans genetically tampered themselves to live off solar energy. This payed off because as you can tell, there are no animals to eat, no grass to chew, nor apples to pick. They're green because of the chlorophyll in their skin cells to give them the nutrients they need. This also explains why the Kerbals can survive in a capsule with no oxygen tanks; they produce their own. "But what about the space industry? That surely can't exist in a post-apocalypse world, right?" Wrong. These humans-now-Kerbals preserved the only things that could give them salvation: the Human-Now-Kerbal Space Center.

The only things preserved were the best candidate for human survival: space colonization which, unfortunately, was funded too late. The Kerbals, who are wanting to continue the legacy of mankind, kept aiming for space. My point for the apocalypse is also supported by the very large crater that shows there was a very devastating event in "Kearth's" past.

However, in an attempt to cover up this conspiracy, the developers changed the appearance of the planets and moons slightly, and altered the size of everything to keep it from coming out.

Insert bad photoshop skills here --->

6BmkJ2D.png

The picture of Jeb I got from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/archive/index.php/t-120.html

Don't ban me, please?

Unless Squads adds a half buried Statue of Liberty somewhere along the coast, I'll stick with different solar system, but it's fun to speculate.

Groan...images of Jeb getting off a donkey and kneeling, pounding on the sand somewhere on a beach in Kerbin (beside the crater)...as he stands before a half-buried Statue of Liberty, crying, "You maniacs!...You blew it ALL up! Ah, damn you...and I though I WAS BAD AT THIS!!! Damn you all to hell!"

Large planetoid hurtles toward Earth. As a last too-little-too-late attempt, NASA uses a nuke to deflect it. It fails, and a huge radioactive chunk of rock slams into Earth. However, the rest of the rock, that has a substantial and now radioactive atmosphere, has a glancing blow with Venus with the remains coalescing into Gilly. The rock spurts up huge amounts of chemicals from under the surface, making the atmosphere thicker and purpler.

Mars, as it eventually will be, is finally struck by its innermost moon, causing a medium sized crater, small, compared to the Sliding Spring Comet that impacted the red world, the first impact of a comet and a planet and recorded history.

The Impact with earth spewed huge amounts of water into a high orbit (Getting a 'gravity assist' from the moon) where the solids in the water, along with debris from the impact, coalesced into Minmus.

wake up, sheeple.

Large planetoid hurtles toward Earth. As a last too-little-too-late attempt, NASA uses a nuke to deflect it. It fails, and a huge radioactive chunk of rock slams into Earth. However, the rest of the rock, that has a substantial and now radioactive atmosphere, has a glancing blow with Venus with the remains coalescing into Gilly. The rock spurts up huge amounts of chemicals from under the surface, making the atmosphere thicker and purpler.

Mars, as it eventually will be, is finally struck by its innermost moon, causing a medium sized crater, small, compared to the Sliding Spring Comet that impacted the red world, the first impact of a comet and a planet and recorded history.

The Impact with earth spewed huge amounts of water into a high orbit (Getting a 'gravity assist' from the moon) where the solids in the water, along with debris from the impact, coalesced into Minmus.

wake up, sheeple.

Oh my God, YES!

Edited by NASI Director

And somehow everything was compacted into 1/10 of their size, still retaining the mass? Start thinking about adding some sort of quantum reorgnisation to this cataclysm...

Let's just call that a 'gameplay' mechanic.

I was thinking of suggesting a small black hole wandering too close to the system as to why the outer planets are missing and the debris created in the chaos is what created Eeloo, Dres and some of the moons.

All that debris would also resurface the planets.

I agree the scale issue should be ignored for story purposes.

Technically, Kerbin is "Earth", in a way. It's located in a completely different universe with slightly different physical laws, but it's the equivalent of the same location in our own universe.

You lost me at 'completely different universe'. D:

The scale issues aren't necessarily a problem. Units of measurement are arbitrary after all, i mean who says a Kerbal kilometer or kilogram is the same as it's SI equvalent?

There are some very good examples of this on Earth now, just google 'Mile' and see how many variations there have been historically.

I like to think that Kerbol system contains an super dense element called Element-139 Superheavium (Formed from neutron stars), and so, the planets can be much smaller with a core of the element, and still retain gravity like earth.

The Kerbol System is the remains of a neutron star that collapsed and evaporated just minutes after the intial supernova. That is how they have Element-139 and still have planets and such. Since when it collapsed, it did another "neutron nova", the element was scattered throughout the system, and as an result, all the planets have a surplus of it in their cores.

Kerbals breathe both oxygen and monoxide. However, when they breathe monoxide, they breathe out oxygen. When they breathe oxygen, they breathe out monoxide, allowing for near-infinite air supply.

Kerbals became interested in space travel after an human interstellar probe crashed onto the surface of Kerbin. Inside, the Kerbals (Who were still in the equivalent of 1920's technology), found dozens of charts and diagrams of the universe, a map of Earth and its location, and most importantly, a book that would forever change their history. The Encyclopedia Technologicia. Inside where technical charts and diagrams of humanities technology leading up to the 22nd Century and descriptions of more wonders in the 26th Century (Humans where already a Type II at 2651), and more....

After the discovery of the crashed starship, the Kerbals began to reverse engineer. First, the reverse engineered the boosters. Then the engines. Then the fuel tanks. Soon, came decoupler and such. Parachutes. Landing legs. A whole plethora of information flooded in, as the Kerbals set themselves to the ultimate goal. Reach Earth (By now, Humans where considered "gods" in Kerbal society. Like the forerunners and the Coveant.). They wanted to see their creators, the very race that brought them to the space age...

Edited by NASAFanboy

I like to think that Kerbol system contains an super dense element called Element-139 Superheavium (Formed from neutron stars), and so, the planets can be much smaller with a core of the element, and still retain gravity like earth.

The Kerbol System is the remains of a neutron star that collapsed and evaporated just minutes after the intial supernova. That is how they have Element-139 and still have planets and such. Since when it collapsed, it did another "neutron nova", the element was scattered throughout the system, and as an result, all the planets have a surplus of it in their cores.

Kerbals breathe both oxygen and monoxide. However, when they breathe monoxide, they breathe out oxygen. When they breathe oxygen, they breathe out monoxide, allowing for near-infinite air supply.

Kerbals became interested in space travel after an human interstellar probe crashed onto the surface of Kerbin. Inside, the Kerbals (Who were still in the equivalent of 1920's technology), found dozens of charts and diagrams of the universe, a map of Earth and its location, and most importantly, a book that would forever change their history. The Encyclopedia Technologicia. Inside where technical charts and diagrams of humanities technology leading up to the 22nd Century and descriptions of more wonders in the 26th Century (Humans where already a Type II at 2651), and more....

After the discovery of the crashed starship, the Kerbals began to reverse engineer. First, the reverse engineered the boosters. Then the engines. Then the fuel tanks. Soon, came decoupler and such. Parachutes. Landing legs. A whole plethora of information flooded in, as the Kerbals set themselves to the ultimate goal. Reach Earth (By now, Humans where considered "gods" in Kerbal society. Like the forerunners and the Coveant.). They wanted to see their creators, the very race that brought them to the space age...

Now, building off of that, if in ksp, there was... another solar system, with all of the real life counter parts (jupiter, saturn, earth etc.) and we could travel there, that would be awesome, and once there, you would build ships to return to kerbin, or go to jupiter and mars. Now, thats highly unlikely, but I like to imagine where things can go.

Groan...images of Jeb getting off a donkey and kneeling, pounding on the sand somewhere on a beach in Kerbin (beside the crater)...as he stands before a half-buried Statue of Liberty, crying, "You maniacs!...You blew it ALL up! Ah, damn you...and I though I WAS BAD AT THIS!!! Damn you all to hell!"

2013-01-02-episode-18-planet-of-the-kerbals.png

Kinda like this...

• 3 months later...
Guys stop arguing.. Kerbal is not a real planet. It is just inside the game... I bet you feel pretty silly now!

Dude, this thread is months old! Why are you necroposting? "I bet you feel pretty silly now!" Really? How old are you? The guys are setting up their theories or stories on the creation of KSP's world!

You shouldn't of had come in on the Fan Works if you say that this is silly. That's like saying on a post in a fan-fic thread saying that this is fake because it never happened. -_-

Edited by AntonioAJC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.