Help with transporting rovers

Hello Kerbonauts!

I have a one big problem in KSP and can't find an efficient solution: How exactly put rovers safely on the surfaces of the Mun/planets?

I mean how attach them to landers and easily deploy them after landing? I don't have any of my own designs to show you, I have failed in this department. But I would be very happy if you could show me how you do this, any tips and designs are welcome :)

Build a spider lifter. I use one to drop anything big (if you do it right you can drop upto 3.5 metre wide sections with it which is a 2.5 metre bit with stuff hanging off it)

You need to get pretty creative with angles and it'll take you 2-3 goes to get one that has enough dv to actually drop something heavy in one piece (or you'll be debug menu infinite fuel!)

Sorry if the pics aren't that great but they'll give you an idea I guess.

rBhb4Gt.jpg

CeIN4ot.png

5EhuccX.jpg

Mine is mainly for Planetary transport.... :I

It also has a teeny tiny personal rover to bring a single Kerbal out exploring. In this particular mission I visited a small water hole for a swim.

screenshot49c.png

screenshot81q.png

screenshot64n.png

screenshot67k.png

screenshot69r.png

screenshot70z.png

screenshot72w.png

screenshot73je.png

screenshot74u.png

Here is one of mine dispite the fact I had the wheels on wrong as well as it not being wide enough, not removing the front wheels off the brake key, and to light for Minmus: F8A8E6451570308FA943A0CAE2DA6E17B6E01FFF

36DC525BF412F39BA3E0D21EC9BE65F2DD9A68AE

Another way is to have it where the rover can drive off the lifter. I remember seeing someones thread they made for Duna doing exactly that. Basicly it was a box missing the sides where the rover could drive off of and the booster attacthed to the outside walls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.