Finding Kethane co-ords

Sigma117

So...only with other mods?

Don't suppose there's one with the landing function Mechjeb has that lets you place a marker on a planet?

There is in a way.

On the Kethane Map it usually shows the coordinates of the last found deposit (if it hasn't changed it should be located at the bottom left corner). You can take those coordinates and plot them into Mechjeb's "Land at Target" window. This usually works best for me. For those coordinates to pop up in the window you have to actually find a deposit though. The beeping sound changes if you currently fly over one

In almost all cases, you should have a small detector on your landing craft to let you know when you're over a deposit.

methods

1) watch what you're flying over as you pass over different parts of the map, and get a rough estimate from that

2) in the debug menu, there is a 'show flight debug stats' that will display the lat+lon that you're flying over. You can use this to get a better estimate of what terrain features match up with tie different lat+log

3) open www.kerbalmaps.com. there is no lat+lon markers that I can see, but the corners of the maps should the corners of the kethane map.

Other than eyeballing things to get close, ISAMapSat is the second easiest.

As far as I know, the landing assist on MJ is the only way to type in coords and have a mark show up on the map.

I saw something quite interesting for this the other day. Took me a little while to find it again, but here it is:

Landing Sites - Excel

Not only will it help translate Kethane/MapSat co-ords into MechJeb co-ords, but it will also give you a map of available landing sites around the given point. Needs Excel, or OpenOffice (or other XLS reader). Would be nice if this kind of thing could be implemented as a plugin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.