Installing mods in .20

In .20, I have heard that installing mods is different. I have already watched Scott's tutorials, and I assume I don't use the plugin/plugin data folders from the way he explained it. Am I right? What should I do with folders that say they are plugins, plugin data, or a new game data folder? What should I put where? Help! If someone could tell me step by step what to do with folders of various classifications I would greatly appreciate it!

Most of the mods have now been updated to the new structure. It should tell you whether it has when you download it. If they are 0.20 compatible then you are going to have to put them into the gamedata folder. so that the name of the mod is within the folder on the same level as the squad folder. looking like gamedata/modname/ and then the parts folder, plugins folder and everything else. If the mod has not been updated then you should put them in exactly the same place as before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.