[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

I made a few basic icons if you guys are interested, they are in style of KSP icons and some are based on icons already used in KSP (like research icons). @BlackNecro: If you want to bundle them in the next version of the plugin you're more than welcome to, free to use as you will.

>> Download .zip <<

Preview:

a6qsXWM.png

Hi, just installed the mod and having an issue.

When I enter the VAB, there is a short delay before your mod's icons appear. As soon as they appear, some module icons disappear (still selectable and still can see info on hover). If selected, no module can be seen either, like if they were invisible or gone...

This happens with quite a few modules in career mod. I tried the auto update bottom in the config window... Any idea why this happens?

I'm running Windows 7 with a huge amount of mods.

[EDIT]: Never mind. The culprit is Orderly Parts, which I tested just before yours. I might have to reinstall... ):

Edited by Dielos

• 3 weeks later...
Version 2.4 is working good and saves fine. One suggestion when you release 2.5, put in these icons that users made.

redde:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/slmb897dg7w0xtc/partcatalog_redde_icons.zip

- Stretchy Tanks

- RealChutes (or other chutes parts)

- Kerbal Engineer

- RemoteTech (or other Antenna parts)

- Procedural Wings (or other wings parts)

- FusTek parts

- AIES Aerospace Parts

- Nova Punch parts

- Procedural Fairings (or other fairing parts)

diomedea:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmxto8k6t4pgk02/PartCatalog%20Kethane.zip

- Kethane

This icons are helpfull, wish more mods were included.

• 2 weeks later...
This mod is fantastic but is limited... is impossible to have more than 11 catalogs... I have somethings like 12 or 13 mod with differents parts and in fact I can't see them all... Am I wrong something?

maybe you need retag parts after adding some mods. (gear icon)

Is there any way to hide parts from the (stock) catalog with this? I'd like to tag certain parts as "obsolete" and have them not crowd up the menu.

Should be possible with the next version.

This mod is fantastic but is limited... is impossible to have more than 11 catalogs... I have somethings like 12 or 13 mod with differents parts and in fact I can't see them all... Am I wrong something?

As suggested rebuilding the catalog should help, if you're limited by screenspace hold down control and scroll through multiple pages of the catalog

Sorry but this is bugging me...why is the A icon for "ALL" upside down?

It's not an upside down A per se - it's an allquantor ∀ fancy mathematical way of saying all :P

• 3 weeks later...

@BlackNecro: thanks for this plugin, it's helpful with even just a few mods.

two things (v2.41 with KSP 0.23):

- installation instructions (on spaceport) could be confusing as there is no GameData folder in released archive,

- most of the time, when I add a new part, it's very very hard to make it visible in VAB (SPH too I guess), I have to click multiple times on group (where it supposed to be)/all to finally make it there. As it's my own part, it's really confusing as it could be also some issues with the model/part file itself.

Thanks.

Good thing its getting updated, i just simply cant play without it anymore.

For next update, i hope we will be able to navigate trough subpges of vategories using some buttons instead of relying of mouse wheel.

And of course transparent GUI issue.

EDIT: Hah, it would appear my problems are due to the parts, not the part catalog.

Great mod, as usual, but I do wish KSP would have its own native part organization support.

Edited by Synthesis

Hey so, bit of a major thing gone wrong..

I installed this and Simple Part Organiser (because apparently, they worked well together) but I didn't get on with it (thanks to my many mods, I had a ton of unidentifiable tabs and it took me about 10 minutes to build a simple command pod, light, decoupler and fuel tank). So yeah, never mind, I'll just delete both and restart. Only trouble is, now everything, and I mean everything, is under the Control tab. Pods, tanks, engines, ladders, batteries... all under the control tab. I'll get a few pictures up in a bit.

I think it was this mod that did it and not SPO as I didn't really use it, but if anyone could offer help, I'd be most grateful.

EDIT: Well, that was incredibly weird... the problem seems to have fixed itself. The restart I just did to get the pictures ended up with everything in its original place. How very strange, seeing as I'd already restarted after deleting and the problem persisted (which is why I posted this originally). Oh well, make of this what you will :|

EDIT2: Ok, it's not entirely fixed. While everything is back in its original place, KER and MechJeb no longer have toolbar buttons or indeed anything. It's as if they're not installed, which they most definitely are.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.