KISS - Kerbin International Space Station

Finally managed to get my new space station into 400km orbit with a single launch (new as in my old station had too little fuel capacity and was thus sentenced to death by planetary impact)

The docking port on the jumbo tanks are actuall expansion slots, to add fuel capacity in the future.

Not sure what else to say, if anyone want the .craft, say so and i'll UL :)

n7YD8xo.png

Thank you very much :)

Here's a .craft including launch vehicle.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86655926/KISS.zip

Given the construction of the station, the launch vehicle is also a tad odd.

Basically, you launch it like any other, but once you've run out of fuel you decouple the last stage. (this will happend either just before or during gravity turn, depending on your flying skills, if it's the latter, you may want to use "TAC fuel balancer" to automate)

You'll now be left with 2 mainsails on jumbo fuel tanks, attached to the Senior docking ports.

Transfer the fuel from the stations main tanks to these and use them to get into desired orbit, once the orbit is established you transfer the fuel back into the station and undock the engines :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.