Aeris 4A: How to take off in this thing?

Like most planes in KSP I find that before they are going fast enough to take-off they always crash on the runway.

I can take off in some of the other planes but Ive never gotten the stock Aeris 4A off the ground. I've watched Scott Manleys video on it and I am doing exactly what he does.

If I just go to runway, throttle up and turn on jet engines, then it goes down the runway for a bit but veers off course and explodes at about 100 Mps

1. Turn on ASAS

2. Full throttle

3. Toggle on engines (press 1)

4. around 65-70m/s hold F and pull back gently (S), before your rocket engine scrapes the runway release F so ASAS takes over again.

5. Keep accelerating down the runway with your nosewheel off the ground and your rocket engine almost scraping the runway, as the runway ends your plane will gently take off.

6. ???

7. Profit!

The big weakpoint of the Aeris 4A is the rocket engine which extends very far to the back. You have to be careful to lift off in a very low angle to avoid damaging it.

You should also check out the pre-defined action groups in the hangar. They are very useful.

Action groups are easy enough to figure out, but what's the flight profile? I know Harv posted a step-by-step guide to orbiting the thing right after it was included, but I can't find it anywhere now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.