[Beta]Iva command cage

ahappydude

I know devodude :) I myself is a pretty plain dude but sure i will give it a try (Y)

edit

Do you use ps for texturing devo?

Anything, Paint shop pro, PS, paint.net... anything but GIMP really, that's one messed up paint program, lol made by programmers for programmers to make art, can you get an any more convulted GUI? /rant off..

anyway.. your problem is the way you unwrap things, I can see that on the yellow/black bars you have there. I can see you followed a tutorial that suggested you use Cube unwrap, which is great if it s symmetrical evenly shaped object, but in the case of a bent pipe, no. Use a different projection method, there is several to choose from, I will use 5 types on one model, it depends on what it requires.

I was thinking about gimp haha but im more familiar with ps. A different projection method you say? That i need to look up, cheers for the help =)

Edit

I did the texture in unity but doing it in blender saves time (Y)

Cant belive i did use the block ones haha cheers devo ! Often in ksp modding the small thing has caused the most irritation

Edited by ahappydude

I was thinking about gimp haha but im more familiar with ps. A different projection method you say? That i need to look up, cheers for the help =)

Edit

I did the texture in unity but doing it in blender saves time (Y)

Cant belive i did use the block ones haha cheers devo ! Often in ksp modding the small thing has caused the most irritation

I tend to use blender for everything and Unity purely to export the model and create the empty game objects and layers and triggers etc, the only difference is the case of Rover wheels where you set alot of their properties in Unity itself, but as for textures, its all in blender as I'm working with the individual faces of the model. All I do in Unity is tell it what type of texture I want to to be, spec, bumped etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love 3DsMax and Lightwave, but blender is free and runs on practically any PC I put it on and doesnt require me to sell my soul to use it. Adobe is one devlish company. (Charge Australians almost twice the price for the same software)

I should have done that way long ago, then the floating island project woulnt be so effed up but im slowly making it better. Devo, you always have good tips, for that im thankfull =) Wow didnt know you had to pay so much more, greedy adobe :S

Didt mean to sound rude dyj, :) Il keep it more tidy furthermore. cheers kahl nope it uses srf plugin^^ Like a mobile commandpod with an protevtive openable rollcage

Edited by ahappydude

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.