Female Kerbal Possible Concept Art (they are supposedly androgynous but bear with me)

rodion_herrera

You know you could edit the title and first post for the purpose of clarity to not say "Female kerbin concept art" to stop people thinking that is what the thread is about if it is not instead of railling at the people who discuss on a public forum the subject of the title...

Just a suggestion.

Please suggest a more apt/suitable title--I welcome it.

Could you please explain why some random anime child is a better "template" then the male kerbal model? To clarify, I don't care whether different looking Kerbals are implemented at all, but if they do surely it makes more sense use something of the same species as a starting point?

Template...something to start with, like that sketch that Brabbit (or was it someone else?) shared. NOT meant to be the final image. Please read through the thread so I don't have to keep repeating my posts, thank you sir.

This is still one of those discussions I hate Squad for. I rather them just slap a female kerbal together and call it a day then to be lazy and say they have no gender. If that is the case how come they look male? This is why I consider guys to be jerks most of the time >.>, only think about themselves. It's all good cause there is a gender less male looking kerbal. Who cares about females. I swear game developers are so sexist when they make game characters. Only males will play this game so lets make male character and forget any possible female audience we have.

And this, is exactly why people find feminists to be extremely annoying and irritating.

Yep, kerbals look so much like men, the resemblance is just uncanny. Their names are the only male thing about them.

He can give his Kerbals names but in the end They are no Avatars.

I believe the very reason why some people feel bad when their Kerbals get killed because some actually feel that Jeb, Bob, Bill or any other Kerbals represents THEM in the game. But this is only my speculation. Well, I did feel bad when some of my hamsters and guinea pigs died when I was a kid but that's another story :D

And this, is exactly why people find feminists to be extremely annoying and irritating.

Yep, kerbals look so much like men, the resemblance is just uncanny. Their names are the only male thing about them.

Not even the Names or can you tell if Neilemone is a male or Female name?

You know, I am just going to put this out there. Who would it harm to include females in the game?

The player-base, who would rather see the devs spend time on core aspects of the game, like mining, instead of insignificant things that don't affect gameplay in any way.

You know, I am just going to put this out there. Who would it harm to include females in the game?

No one at all. To be honest, though, it wouldn't change the game for me one iota. The Kerbals are flight crew, nothing more. Goofy, adorable flight crew, but still flight crew. My concern is building spacecraft to get them there and back again in relative safety, not their internal plumbing.

I believe the very reason why some people feel bad when their Kerbals get killed because some actually feel that Jeb, Bob, Bill or any other Kerbals represents THEM in the game. But this is only my speculation.
You can also feel bad for people who are not yourself :D

Well I am not exactly a feminist lol. I do not go that far. But yes kerbals look very male actually. If you read what I said, I said most of the time. Not all the time. I have a husband soooooo like I am not a feminist that hate guys all together. I like guys that are smart is not stupid.

Well I am not exactly a feminist lol. I do not go that far. But yes kerbals look very male actually. If you read what I said, I said most of the time. Not all the time. I have a husband soooooo like I am not a feminist that hate guys all together. I like guys that are smart is not stupid.
What looks so male about Kerbals? Only that they have short hair? Because thats no reason.

Isn't it more practical to have short hair in Spacesuits and small Capsules?

Yes it is, it's not about the length, it's about that masculine point in the middle of the forehead.

"ONLY FEMALE KSP PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED TO JUDGE THE WORK, THANK YOU"

That would be wrong and just as sexist as the opposite.

Sexism is wrong no matter which way you do it.

Template...something to start with, like that sketch that Brabbit (or was it someone else?) shared. NOT meant to be the final image. Please read through the thread so I don't have to keep repeating my posts, thank you sir.

I am fully aware of the meaning of the word template, thank you very much. As you managed to concisely ignore the actual point of my comment, please allow me to re-iterate it for you:

A) The hypothetical "male" and "female" kerbals are in fact of the same species.

B) As a result of that, there should be a fairly strong resemblance between them.

C) Therefore, the logical way to make a model for female kerbals would be to start with the nominally male model we have at the moment, and alter it to suit the new requirements, rather than taking some completely unrelated work and starting from there.

D) If they choose to add female models, why shouldn't they do that rather than what you are suggesting?

If you need further clarification of what I am asking, please let me know.

Disclaimer: I still don't care if they add female kerbals or not.

You can also feel bad for people who are not yourself :D

Hahaha, that I would agree on. I just realized that my earlier comment can actually stand as a forum topic on its own--i.e. "Do you imagine yourself as Jeb, Bob, or Bill, and that the reason you don't want them to die, is because they are your avatar in KSP?" That in itself, would present an interesting topic.

What looks so male about Kerbals? Only that they have short hair? Because thats no reason.

And I will ask what doesn't?

Does homer simpson look male to you? If not .. think you need to get your eyes checked.

Hahaha, that I would agree on. I just realized that my earlier comment can actually stand as a forum topic on its own--i.e. "Do you imagine yourself as Jeb, Bob, or Bill, and that the reason you don't want them to die, is because they are your avatar in KSP?" That in itself, would present an interesting topic.
I personnaly don't want any of my Kerbals to die and i do a pretty good job at it :)

I am fully aware of the meaning of the word template, thank you very much. As you managed to concisely ignore the actual point of my comment, please allow me to re-iterate it for you:

A) The hypothetical "male" and "female" kerbals are in fact of the same species.

B) As a result of that, there should be a fairly strong resemblance between them.

C) Therefore, the logical way to make a model for female kerbals would be to start with the nominally male model we have at the moment, and alter it to suit the new requirements, rather than taking some completely unrelated work and starting from there.

D) If they choose to add female models, why shouldn't they do that rather than what you are suggesting?

If you need further clarification of what I am asking, please let me know.

Disclaimer: I still don't care if they add female kerbals or not.

Thank you very much for the thorough clarification...took a bit to squeeze it out, but I appreciate the detail of your clarification. Much appreciated! :)

And I will ask what doesn't?

Does homer simpson look male to you? If not .. think you need to get your eyes checked.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Sorry but I was LOLing in RL with that remark! :D

On a related note, my brother's initial reaction when he first saw Kerbals was, "Seems like Bart Simpson is about to puke." :D

Thank you very much for the thorough clarification...took a bit to squeeze it out, but I appreciate the detail of your clarification. Much appreciated! :)

You are most welcome. Could you answer my question now?

Please tell me what looks so male about Kerbals.

Everything.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Sorry but I was LOLing in RL with that remark! :D

On a related note, my brother's initial reaction when he first saw Kerbals was, "Seems like Bart Simpson is about to puke." :D

Ya I thought of the simpsons the first time I saw kerbals lol. They really do have that look.