[WIP] Low-Poly Cities for Kerbin

Frogbull

Looking great Frogbull!!!

I have to admit, of all the mods I've watched be made in this section of the forums I am most excited about this one.

I'm curious how functional these city's will be when released. Obviously the roads and runways are useable. Are you planning to make places for Kerbals to live inside? Plans for any kind of resource storage (LF/O, Mono, maybe one that's configurable for things like Kethane and Ore).

Awesome work!! Cant wait to see this working(hehe in my game I mean...they obviously work in yours)

Hey guys.

I'm a CG student running on too much free time recently and I'd love to help with that project.

If you want to see my works I'd be glad to showcase ( providing you need any help )

Otherwise that looks pretty neat as a whole

Thinking about it, methods are popping into my head to create a plugin that would go well with this mod... Doing it as parts is highly inefficient, and I think it could be done quite independently of that system.

I'm a CG student running on too much free time recently and I'd love to help with that project.
Thinking about it, methods are popping into my head to create a plugin that would go well with this mod... Doing it as parts is highly inefficient, and I think it could be done quite independently of that system.

i_want_you_to_play_kerbal_space_program_by_sordid_sinister-d5bcliw.png

-------------------------------------------------------------

For Globox, 4 questions :

- Where are you from?

- What software do you use? (Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, GIMP, Photoshop, etc.)

- Do you know how to create a custom part on KSP? (bonus, not required)

- Can you make a low-poly building with a 128x128 texture? (a water tower or a mill)

For NovaSilisko, 2 questions :

- Where are you from?

- Have you already coded a plugin for KSP?

Now to answer NovaSilisko about the inefficient of the system, create one nice low-poly city can be done with a 3D soft, imported into the game, use only one 2048x2048 texture with a good UV Map optimized and one collision box created with Unity. And if we think like that, the parts aren't the optimize way, you're right. But, the massive advantage of it is to let the players create their own cities. :cool:

And KSP is a sandbox game, if we can add a CAB (City Assembly Building) easy-to-use (same as the VAB); the players will create a lot of new cities.

Edited by Frogbull

For NovaSilisko, 2 questions :

- Where are you from?

- Have you already coded a plugin for KSP?

This post from HarvesteR about the members of the design team is apropos:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/187-An-Update-on-the-Team

Notably, this line:

Jeff (NovaSilisko): Intern Content Designer, currently on leave.

You should also take a look at the "author" field for quite a few of the stock parts:)

You should also take a look at the "author" field for quite a few of the stock parts:)

My bad ^^ (and thx for info btw).

It 's cool to saw a KSP dev interested by my mod, I've a lot of technical questions about game render distance, rounding calculation, engine limit, etc. :)

New screens (WIP), road is made part by part and I've added streetlights :

1371837160-screenshot172.png

1371837383-screenshot173.png

1371837374-screenshot174.png

1371837549-screenshot176.png

To make the streetlights on during night and off during day, I will create a no-solar panel (on when is night, shutdown when is day).

Edited by Frogbull
WIP screen

New screens (WIP), road is made part by part and I've added streetlights :

To make the streetlights on during night and off during day, I will create a no-solar panel (on when is night, shutdown when is day).

These photos look really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

Can you help me for that ? (not a compass expert ^^)

It not hard. Runway numbers are based on magnetic north. Kerbin does not have a separate magnetic and true north. So that does not matter.

Runway number are 01 to 36. When lined up with the runway compass angles 355-004 is 36, with the opposite direction being 18. Heading 005 to 014 would be runway 1 or 19 the other way. Basically round the runway heading to the nearest 10, and drop the ending 0. Two parallel runways at the same airport are labeled L or R. As in 19L and 19R. Runway 19R is 1L and 19L is 1R. Hope this helps.

For Globox, 4 questions :

- Where are you from? France but I speak fluent english.

- What software do you use? (Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, GIMP, Photoshop, etc.) Autodesk Maya and Photoshop

- Do you know how to create a custom part on KSP? (bonus, not required) Not yet, but I can learn how

- Can you make a low-poly building with a 128x128 texture? (a water tower or a mill) Easy peasy.

Again I can show you some works of mine via PM if you are interested :)