Video Tribute To Chobit 389's Postcards from Laythe

BlazingAngel665

you know.... at first i thought chobbit was a girl... mostly because his avatar was of a girl....

Now it's just weird knowing that a guy was behind it all...

Also, WHY MUST GUYS HAVE THEIR PROFILE PICTURES AS GIRLS?!

Thanks BlazingAngel. Nicely done. And for me, I don't care the gender of the hand holding the brush or beneath the Avatar. It is the quality of the art and the artist which is important to me. I for one will miss Chobit's art and the emotion expressed within it.

@rewdew,

All I can say is, the Internet, she be full of surprises, no? :wink:

I won't miss Chobit. He was very rude to many members (including me). While I think a permaban was a bit excessive, he had it coming IMHO.

Rough manner, yes. Deserving of a permaban? I can't even judge. Looking at his last posts I didn't see anything deserving of moderation so it must have been something else. Having said that this is a dangerous topic. . . . So back to the point. He did really good art. I for one will miss it, which was the whole point of the video.

Rough manner, yes. Deserving of a permaban? I can't even judge. Looking at his last posts I didn't see anything deserving of moderation so it must have been something else. Having said that this is a dangerous topic. . . . So back to the point. He did really good art. I for one will miss it, which was the whole point of the video.

Yeah I'll agree the Chobit was a good artist. Even though in many of his pieces the characters would have died from asphixiation, radiation, and incineration. :P

Yeah I'll agree the Chobit was a good artist. Even though in many of his pieces the characters would have died from asphixiation, radiation, and incineration. :P

The truth has been spoken but then again how can we even begin to talk about reality? Our kerbs survive centuries in space inside the equivalent of a mercury capsule. We can create thrust from spinning fuel tanks and fly forever in gliders. Oceans have the density of lead and planets are denser than Uranium by a fair bit. I will forgive the lack of realism for the sake of art but more importantly because of the GODLIHOOD OF JEBEDIAH AND MOAR BOOOOSTERS!!!!!

(please don't even try to disagree with jeb)

He brought a bunch of people to this forum that don't even play KSP. It started big fights and got multiple threads locked. How is that a good thing? Remember that he lied to everyone about his sex for attention?

Also, making something's skin green doesn't make it a kerbal. He argued this incessantly, even though he was wrong and the people calling him out on his 'art' not being kerbals were right. Why do we need a memorial thread for someone that the forum is better off without?

Whilst this thread started with good intentions, a tribute to some fan work, it has quickly derailed into a discussion about a former member of the Forums and why they were banned. I feel as though this topic, and that member, can't be brought up in a good light and in a manner that would allow for good, rational discussion. Please refrain from posting this topic in the future, thanks.