"I"m not getting an Xbox One" Megathread

ajshell1

It used to be traditionally 8 years between console cycles, and now it's getting to a point where they are creating so much crap it's rediculous. No backward compatibility on the Ps3 for ps2 games? and the same for Ps4? no way.. im done.. Xbox and Sony can have their console war.

Nothing beats a good old Sega Master System/Megadrive :)

What? PS4 will be able to stream PS1, 2, and 3 games via Gaikai.

I still believe customers are over reacting about the DRM thing. I mean, I realize it sucks you wouldn't be able to sell and just hand out your game to a friend, but did you know the DRM is not some microsoft scheme. It isn't even about microsoft at all. It's about the publishers and developers. They are trying to get rid of the issue with used games not making them a dime.

A lot of people will use the excuse that the game developers already got paid for the copy, so they should not get paid 2 times. The issue with that argument is the person who spent $5 less on a used game would have purchased the new copy if used was not available. So in a sense, yes the developers do lose money.

I agree DRM sucks, however, I support it because I rather have more of the money to go toward the ones who made the game. Course if they can find a better way to correct this issue, I would go with that instead.

The always online check in every 24 hours though was absolutely ridiculous as well as the stupid Kinect.

I, will probably buy an Xbox one as well as a PS4. However, I am a PC gamer but it benefits my job to get the consoles as well.

Edited by Brabbit1987

I agree DRM sucks, however, I support it because I rather have more of the money to go toward the ones who made the game. Course if they can find a better way to correct this issue, I would go with that instead.

Then they should spend less on stupid DRM measures that get cracked within a couple of weeks, sometimes on day one, sometimes even before release, and stop bothering about the second hand sales. You know, like every other industry, including the "creative" industries, on the planet.

(I have to wonder what kind of product is not the result of design and/or creation)

Yes, developers lose money from resold games. Busninesses have had to deal with that for centuries. People can resell things. It doesn't mean you can't have a good business model. It's just the height of greed. It'd be like if they somehow put trackers in books and when they left the house for so long, an ink packet was released permanently destroying them. It's just an intentional sabotage to earn more money from selling things again.

I'll stick to PC. I'm staying away from next-gen consoles, though I might re-buy a PS3 to check out Gran Turismo 6 later this year.

As for the XBOX One, well, I didn't realise a black metal-and-plastic box could provide so much humour.

Then they should spend less on stupid DRM measures that get cracked within a couple of weeks, sometimes on day one, sometimes even before release, and stop bothering about the second hand sales. You know, like every other industry, including the "creative" industries, on the planet.

(I have to wonder what kind of product is not the result of design and/or creation)

DRM often makes me not purchase a game in the first place, and I'm sure I'm not alone with that mindset. When pirated games play better than bought copies, because of buggy DRM, something is wrong. It's why I haven't bought a Ubisoft game for more than a decade, why I stay away from Activision games (also, because they ruined WoW), and why EA are never getting a cent from me ever again.

They're killing themselves, I'm just hoping they don't take their good studios like BioWare with them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.