[Idea] KSP on Television?

BigBoy734

I heard that KSP-TV was coming out,but Instead of on twitch,why not on actual television?

Squad could set up a deal (Not guaranteed though.) with a tv network,then we can premiere some shows.

One question: Are you good at animating?

I was thinking for some titles (and some learning for kids stuff too!)

Education:

Bill & Bob Learning

Physics with Gene

Entertainment:

The A-Kerbs (Bill,bob,jeb)

Kirrim - Ultra Stuntkerb (yes danny2462)

Jeb's Mishaps (small stuff u know like 5 minute stuff u know)

You guys like this idea? (ONLY IF YOU LIKE IT, This isn't based on "this cant happen!" stuff,vote on the poll.)

And fans could donate to ksp to afford a tv show like this.

This would cost a massive amount of money to do. Money that Squad doesn't have. Sorry, it's not really possible, nor would it be very useful for Squad.

But it is called a video game. Not a game, a video game!

Semantics.

Jimmy Neutron got quite a few video games. As did other cartoons.

Those were games based off of TV shows. Not TV shows based off of games. Not comparable.

Edited by bgraves

There is a difference between a show that becomes a game and a game that becomes a show. Also, KSP doesn't have enough STUFF for a TV show. What would you put on TV anyways? And they are off! heading into space on their newest and best rocket! The three brave astronauts you know and love shoot towards the sky. And Jebediah has crashed it again, will they successfully deploy their parachute? Find out next time!

KSP doesn't have enough STUFF for a TV show. What would you put on TV anyways?

There was a cartoon based on Pac-Man. It ran along with a cartoon based on Rubik’s Cube. I would think those are somewhat less plot fodder than KSP.

Kerbal Space Program is a video game. Video games don't get TV shows. Plus SQUAD wouldn't have nearly enough funding to pull it off.

Wasn't the Halo TV series the only thing people were excited about when they revealed the XBOX one?

But anyway, for KSP, no. It doesn't have a big enough market and it's sandbox based, not story based.

One of the visions for KSP-TV was exactly this. Create a show, be it a comedy, drama, whatever, and do it with kerbals in some kind of machinima. If someone or a team of people were to do this, I would definitely get it on the channel. Get a pilot done and PM me, we'll talk.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

The game doesn't have a big enough following and most likely never will. KSP is a niche product, it will never attract sales like a Mario or a Call of Duty. The general population are just too needy for instant gratification for a game like KSP to ever make it really big.

This would have been interesting some years ago, but now I think the internet is a better place for this kind of things. It's cheaper and easier, it can get to more people and it's more accessible. If you miss it you can watch it later. These are the reasons that have made contents on the Internet to grow while TV loses terrain.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.