Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

remember macey's universe is a corporate environment before suggesting an unified designation system - each corporate can have it's own designations - much like each country on earth have it's own designations for it's navy ships...

I was actually considering doing something like this before I left on vacation. I would be willing to make the episodes since I already run a channel on youtubez. It could be called "Community Fight Night" I would probably be able to do them once a week on friday or saturday.

If there are enough people interested in me doing this let me know. I'll probably make a pilot episode as an example.

sounds exciting. plus getting some footage of how they do in combat is always a plus.

Considering the over-abundance of military craft and our utter ineptitude at designing anything that can withstand more than a stiff solar breeze, Paradigm Industries has shifted its focus to support craft, which will hopefully see little to no projectile bombardment (unlikely). A long-range utility vessel has been commissioned, built to be semi-modular and carry multiple load configurations as well as be able to replace its engines should Hanland stoop so low as to space piracy of unarmed vessels (highly likely). This vessel will be under tension, rather than compression like most vessels, and as such the engine module will be brought into orbit in a separate launch, to prevent wibbly-wobbliness during ascent. In the event that this flimsy steel pole with nukes on the front is shot off by aforementioned space pirates (yarr, you bet your hind end it'll happen, matey), mobility will be restored via a launch from KSC. The vessel is, again, in prototyping and will be undergoing trials within the next few days. Yarr.

One of the things Ive noticed with some of these ships is the forward armor tends to be flat to the target. this opens up somewhere to shoot at, try and keep the front profile a more slanted so that rounds have a chance of missing or bouncing off (which in KSP physics is a rare occurrence). It makes for a more dependable ship. though thinking about being attacked countermeasures would be an interesting idea to deflect and make missiles change course, like a rocket firing directly into a solar panel making it smash up into debris that make it hard to shoot through. as for weapons MIRVs with a decent weight could easily tare through multiple armored plates on the side of a ship. and splintering before impact could do more damage than the same missiles fired individually.

The other day i was also testing weapons that used the rocket on a ship rather than a missile type system. so a mainsail with decouplers flying infront of it. these easily got a significant speed. similar to current day tanks this firing mechanisim gives the projectile more speed in a shorter distance. though im not sure if you could fire payloads like this.

One of the things Ive noticed with some of these ships is the forward armor tends to be flat to the target. this opens up somewhere to shoot at, try and keep the front profile a more slanted so that rounds have a chance of missing or bouncing off (which in KSP physics is a rare occurrence). It makes for a more dependable ship. though thinking about being attacked countermeasures would be an interesting idea to deflect and make missiles change course, like a rocket firing directly into a solar panel making it smash up into debris that make it hard to shoot through. as for weapons MIRVs with a decent weight could easily tare through multiple armored plates on the side of a ship. and splintering before impact could do more damage than the same missiles fired individually.

The other day i was also testing weapons that used the rocket on a ship rather than a missile type system. so a mainsail with decouplers flying infront of it. these easily got a significant speed. similar to current day tanks this firing mechanisim gives the projectile more speed in a shorter distance. though im not sure if you could fire payloads like this.

This is Lupus-X2 (X1 blew up when it wanted) and is a new Hanland ship.

In the hangar

B2LDsHbh.jpg

Pike-missile

d9Wel5ah.jpg

in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

poXUk6mh.jpg

After the victory on laythe the Hanland created a new prototype battleCruiser - The Lupus -

based on the Spiritwolf's Battlecruiser Vanguard.

The 2 cupola modules are for visibility and the Mk1 lander can is the control hub, so control it there to fix the

navball.

PS: The name was chosen to mock Spirit wolf as Lupus means wolf in Latin.

Download the craft

This is not an official submission but a work in progress. The picks below are of the Beowulf my new Carrier / Destroyer that just finished its the inaugural launch.

*SNIP*

You know destroyers aren't particularly big, right? Should really be carrier/cruiser I guess....

So i wanted to be in this project but im pretty new to this game, bought the game 8th of june this year. so i cant build carriers or something, so i built a drone based on the drones he did use.

It is called: Drone I ;), it is hard to fly and i dont know how to fix the batteri problem, but it can fly around kerbin, or how do you call it.

Pics: ruwnl2.png

2q0t18n.png

And this thing comes with a rocket:

16a1hg0.png

Craftfile:http://www./?azf5e8tvtf9qc1a

Edited by rowns

So i wanted to be in this project but im pretty new to this game, bought the game 8th of june this year. so i cant build carriers or something, so i built a drone based on the drones he did use.

It is called: Drone I ;), it is hard to fly and i dont know how to fix the batteri problem, but it can fly around kerbin, or how do you call it.

Craftfile:http://www./?azf5e8tvtf9qc1a

It has to be stock

Major Update: Fantastic news, everyone! Macey is now officially endorsing this thread. This will mean a little bit of tweaking as far as submission criteria goes, so be sure to re-read the submission guidelines before submitting.

I know many of you have probably already seen this on the first page of the thread, but I decided to repost this here for good measure.

Here is Macey's video as for as craft submissions go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdMwN1pmQ74

Here are the noteable changes to submission guidelines:

*Ships are now being divided into three categories: Aid Ships, Military Ships, and Hanland ships. Please state which category you are submitting for at the beginning of your post.

* Proof of travel is not necessary for those submitting Hanland ships. Keep in mind this category is likely to fill up quickly.

* Include a brief Bio of your company's motivations and purpose. For example, why your company is building military vessels/spy satellites.

Here's and example Bio from my company, Starr Industries:

*Company Bio - We at Starr Industries specialize in Civilian Logistics and Heavy Materials Transport. Our ships have been improved and optimized to fill this role throughout our Company's history. As a result, our vessels are lightly armored and are very rarely armed. Many of our career pilots have come to...dislike... the idea of head on engagements.

Also, there is no need to email Macey your submission if you post your ship in the thread.

Happy posting everyone!

Edited by Chozo Nomad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.