Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

It's not that, the problem is the company I have been using specializes in orbital and interplanetary delivery systems as well as autonomous unmanned utility vehicles, so to have suddenly designed a manned fighter would mean a complete re-write of the company.

Desperate times call for desperate measures? I have a subsidiary company within my Paradigm Industries that handles production of military spacecraft. Maybe this fighter is from a new branch of your company, like some kind of armed Loss Prevention? You could also handwave it that the pilots of these fighters are also technicians to keep the autonomous infrastructure maintained in case of "accidental" torpedo impact. Voyager was pretty reliable, but Voyager managing a small drone fleet? There's definitely a need for Kerbal intervention when large probe networks are involved. Paradigm started out as a Kethane mining company. Why are we making battleships? See previous post...

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I'm going to update these ships for 0.21 and make a video of them but thought I should show what I built in 0.20.

Introducing the Proteus Industrial Cooperative's Cetus-Class Modular Transport/Tanker:

P34M9mE.jpg

Pure fuel tanker configuration is 308 parts and the one with the habitation/medical module is 327. Each is a bit less than that in fact but when I checked they both had small landers docked to the aft between the engines.

The Proteus Industrial Cooperative is a worker-owned corporation specializing in heavy manufacturing and industrial research. The cooperative has elected to remain officially neutral in the conflict between the Spiritwolf and Hanland corporations, although the majority's sympathies lie with Spiritwolf. Proteus has dispatched two Cetus-Class vessels to the Jool system. The PIC Sustainer will provide propellant resupply (for a price), while the PIC Panacea will offer medical services and other kerbalitarian aid.

What's the calculation for d/v want to know if this could get to lathe and back

xT4TT8D.jpg

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I'm going to update these ships for 0.21 and make a video of them but thought I should show what I built in 0.20.

Introducing the Proteus Industrial Cooperative's Cetus-Class Modular Transport/Tanker:

Pure fuel tanker configuration is 308 parts and the one with the habitation/medical module is 327. Each is a bit less than that in fact but when I checked they both had small landers docked to the aft between the engines.

The Proteus Industrial Cooperative is a worker-owned corporation specializing in heavy manufacturing and industrial research. The cooperative has elected to remain officially neutral in the conflict between the Spiritwolf and Hanland corporations, although the majority's sympathies lie with Spiritwolf. Proteus has dispatched two Cetus-Class vessels to the Jool system. The PIC Sustainer will provide propellant resupply (for a price), while the PIC Panacea will offer medical services and other kerbalitarian aid.

I think my piddly fuel tank is needless.

Edited by Spartwo

P34M9mE.jpg

And I thought my tanker was big O.o

Desperate times call for desperate measures? I have a subsidiary company within my Paradigm Industries that handles production of military spacecraft. Maybe this fighter is from a new branch of your company, like some kind of armed Loss Prevention? You could also handwave it that the pilots of these fighters are also technicians to keep the autonomous infrastructure maintained in case of "accidental" torpedo impact. Voyager was pretty reliable, but Voyager managing a small drone fleet? There's definitely a need for Kerbal intervention when large probe networks are involved. Paradigm started out as a Kethane mining company. Why are we making battleships? See previous post...

When things get messy, launch satellites at them. Even the Sentinel herself has 8, which is overkill, IMO.

The Tribunal has enough for hardcore probe shenanigans.

How many of those orange tanks are full by the time the Cetus reaches Laythe?

About 3 orange tanks worth on the Sustainer. Though my transfer and aerobrake were both kind of terrible.

The Cetus Mk.II for 0.21 is going to feature optional drop tanks for deep space missions. They'll either attach to the back on either side of the engines or to the side docking ports. The burn for Jool is already up past 30min, though. Good thing it takes 3x phys-warp pretty well.

Apparently satisfied with the performance of the last KC-17 they purchased to carry spare ammunition, spiritwolf has requisitioned another KC-17 to bring a supply of assorted modular components to Laythe for field repairs. This KC-17, dubbed the Warehouse, carries numerous modular spare parts from extra cockpits to power generators and even emergency engines. Additionally, it is mounted with 4 utility drones designed to transfer modules from the warehouse to the target, each is equipped with both 0.5 and 1m docking ports and an internal power reserve.

The complete list of modules is as follows:

2 0.5m inline monopropellant tanks, 2 0.5m inline probe cores, 2 sets of 0.5m inline batteries and solar panels, 2 0.5m xenon containers with attached Ion engine, 2 1m inline monopropellant tanks, 2 1m inline reaction wheels, 2 1m probe cores, 2 sets of 1m inline batteries and solar panels, 2 1m liquid fuel tanks with attached engines, 2 MKII cockpits and 2 MK1 command pods. Each module has an appropriately sized docking port at each end for modular repair or construction.

Additionally, the KC-17 arrived at Laythe with a moderate supply of fuel and monopropellant, and once unloaded it has numerous spare docking ports for assorted utility roles.

n58x2jy.jpg

jpcATwt.png

dG61d9l.png

Full launch documentation: http://imgur.com/a/cY8fC

http://www./download/belgzzrmwn0e1jz/Warehouse.craft

Edited by itisdearflinch

Gah, doing Sentinel tests in 0.21

My launch stage now has a perpetual clockwise roll.

Any fix ideas besides "rebuild the whole darn thing"?

EDIT: I'm probably going to have to, the SAS can't hold my space heading whatsoever and I end up doing (very graceful, SAS assisted) backflips.

Edited by Mygnol

Gah, doing Sentinel tests in 0.21

My launch stage now has a perpetual clockwise roll.

Any fix ideas besides "rebuild the whole darn thing"?

Winglets (Bac9 retextured the horrible green one, btw) or reaction wheels on the radial tanks in the problematic part of the launch stage.

Winglets (Bac9 retextured the horrible green one, btw) or reaction wheels on the radial tanks in the problematic part of the launch stage.

I was thinking that, but I ran into another problem.

Mainly, the Sentinel stage itself is apparently afraid of it's own prograde marker.

I can keep the heading there, but if I try a course correction (just a tap) she'll flee to the other side of the Navball.

EDIT:

Confirmed. It's totally messed up. Not the atmosphere's problem, not the center of mass's problem, just that fact that it just doesn't like me anymore. The NERVA stage has 2 reaction wheels and 4 winglets, yet it can't even fly straight up without doing a snazzy U-turn and splattering itself.

But I have to say though, the new controls make anyone flying the stock planes a high-class pilot.

EDIT:

I've been wandering around the forums, and I fear I might be one of the unlucky ones who got a buggy version. SAS will try it's best to derail my flight if I make a course deviation, and this carries all the way down the chain.

I tried launching a simple rocket with SAS (4 winglets, SAS, 1-seater pod, medium tank, 909 engine). Still flipped and died.

Worst case scenario, I may have to hand the Sentinel over to someone else to fly.

Edited by Mygnol

daeCorp Mining Technologies has long held a contract with Spiritwolf, wresting precious resources from the Jool System. Until recently, daeCorp felt safe behind the armour and guns of Spiritwolf's fleet of ships. now that the Hanland Corporation has weapons to rival those of Spiritwolf, daeCorp has rushed forward plans for a protective battleship class to supplement the Spiritwolf fleet.

At just under 300 parts, The Custodian-class defence battleship sports a heavily armoured hull, five engines, starboard and port mass-driver guns, and support for missiles/torpedoes fore, port, and starboard.

The main guns come with two clips of five bullets each at launch, but can be reloaded with full clips of seven bullets. Despite the relatively light weight and small size of the mass-driver gun's ammunition, the weapon is rather inaccurate at range, earning it the nickname "Blunderbuss".

In order to get the Custodian into orbit, I first had to dump all the fuel from the Blunderbuss' tank. This meant I had to send up a tanker to refuel the thing. This exposed the true annoyingness of having the only docking port on the inside of Custodian's forward cowl.

In the final video, daeCorp shows off the cutting-edge armaments on the Custodian. In more skilled hands the Blunderbuss is more accurate, but all we had was Bob Kerman.

Craft file download links are all located conveniently in the video descriptions for the respective vessels.

Next step, to Jool!

At just under 300 parts, The Custodian-class defence battleship sports a heavily armoured hull, five engines, starboard and port mass-driver guns, and support for missiles/torpedoes fore, port, and starboard.

The main guns come with two clips of five bullets each at launch, but can be reloaded with full clips of seven bullets. Despite the relatively light weight and small size of the mass-driver gun's ammunition, the weapon is rather inaccurate at range, earning it the nickname "Blunderbuss".

First battleship I've seen on this thread actively using the Mass Driver concept, well done :D

And the Sentinel's fully functional again, thanks to a dash more reaction wheels and struts.

She handles better than her predecessors, and so do her probes.

Anyone care to do a proof-of-flight for me for her current version?

I think she's ready for a full-on documentation.

6uDStOn.jpg

Download link here, be sure to test out the rover and probes if you have the time to.

Key bindings:

1- Deploy solar panels

3- Deploy probes (2x)

4- Deploy probes (2x)

5- Deploy probes (2x)

6- Deploy probes (2x)

8- Toggle primary ion drive

9- Toggle secondary ion drive

0- Eject pod parachute

Eject- Decouples and launches eject pod, be sure to hit 0 if re-entering

Lights- Toggles searchlights (and rover lights, if attached)

Gear- Turns on pretty much everything else (scientific equipment, communotrons)

Rovers are manually deployed, just mouse over the decoupler and decouple it manually.

Edited by Mygnol

Thanks! Just lucky I got mine working. It's still too slow to escape Kerbin Orbit in any reasonable time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This may be stupid(depending on how close to the centre of mass it is)but mabye you could use one of the mainsails.

nWbB17q.jpg

hanger bay1 equal to about 7% of the finished craft.

Edited by Spartwo

Thanks! Just lucky I got mine working. It's still too slow to escape Kerbin Orbit in any reasonable time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

By reasonable time you mean how long?

An exit burn of about 7~10 minutes is usual for my Sentinel with her two NERVA's.

Fuel comes from a '64 with a '32 stuck to it, enough juice to burn for about 20 minutes straight.

Also, I managed to send the Sentinel to Eve today. Proof of Travel here.

Actually, I crash-landed it due to a failed aerobrake, but hey, first time's the hardest.

By reasonable time you mean how long?

An exit burn of about 7~10 minutes is usual for my Sentinel with her two NERVA's.

Fuel comes from a '64 with a '32 stuck to it, enough juice to burn for about 20 minutes straight.

The burn I have to make is over 30 minutes. It's so long that it starts on the opposite side of the planet, preventing me from starting the burn until it's way too late.

The burn I have to make is over 30 minutes. It's so long that it starts on the opposite side of the planet, preventing me from starting the burn until it's way too late.

You might have to use the Oberth effect for your burns.

P34M9mE.jpg

I demand a craft file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.