Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

I'm not the best designer, and even worse player haha, but I gotta get started on my capital ships and fighters. I started the weapons system and ended up with satellite drones, designed go be dropped in an orbit and become autonomous, they seem to work well. Just need to test it in vacuum against armour

Work and life keep getting in the way lol

Edited by JonoRig

I'm not the best designer, and even worse player haha, but I gotta get started on my capital ships and fighters. I started the weapons system and ended up with satellite drones, designed go be dropped in an orbit and become autonomous, they seem to work well. Just need to test it in vacuum against armour

Work and life keep getting in the way lol

Just remember. Core parts first before you work on armor. Makes things much much more easier.

Just remember. Core parts first before you work on armor. Makes things much much more easier.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant I need to test its armour penetration value, if that makes it clearer, my satellite would prob be knocked out by a kerbal on Eva... But its smallish

okay, I have a little update on the Griselbrand corvette, while I have modified the armor plating some more and the girders, I/we cannot create a sufficient ascent stage to get it to orbit and I/we cannot perform further range or weapons tests

we need someone else to produce an ascent stage and/or perform some range tests, atm, here's the link for the Griselbrand corvette

Download here

and as a little bonus, here is a download link for a single Bol-class missile with suficient ascent stage

Download here

Now that I achieved Kerbin orbit, I tried to get the Hyperion out to Laythe where it might actually be of some use. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned...

http://imgur.com/a/VfOsS#0

Haha! Nice, at least you got to the system, now it's all about fine tuning your technique for future endevors. All you need to do now is-->>ERROR!

>>CODE 3761!

>>SECURITY BREACH! SECURITY BREACH!

>>WARNING, UNKOWN ENTITY ATTEMPTING ACCESS TO RESTRICTED FILES!

>>ADVISE LOCKING DOWN ALL DATA PATHS!

>>ERRO--..... Security over-ride accepted. Restricted file access granted.

>>Accessing Classified Project: Grizwald

nEralzO.png

vbahYwH.jpg

uv5EzNW.jpg

>>Specifications:

>Ship class: Heavy Assault Cruiser

>Armament:

6 - DATA REDACTED

2 - DATA REDACTED

2 - Anti Fighter Missiles

>Component Count: 356 - Data is subject to change

>Craft Armor: Heavy

>Orbital Capability: DATA REDACTED

>Solar System Capability: DATA REDACTED

Dr. Hanland, "Excellent..."

I may as well put an up to date version up, seeing how people are looking through the archives.

Bayonet mk6

V3DY23t.png

The latest iteration pushes the Bayonet back to the forefront of destroyer technology. Holding seamless armor which is strong, light, and tight fitting you'll have a hard time finding a ship to outclass her.

Mass: 69

Parts: 306

D/v: 4100m/s

Minimum impact: 80

Armament: 2 shredders, 6 LGRM

Propulsion: 2x nuclear

Price: 120k

EDIT EDIT: I found an old picture of the mkI.

1dqnzxP.png

Edited by Spartwo

Concord Research and Engineering's aerospace division has finally finished there new deep space fighter design, the Black Mamba class Fighter.

dmmIHPl.png

mmFV5S1.png

arkcBqL.png

Fp2XbDG.png

HIfRFhU.png

N4TsDdx.png

This contract allows for the sale of three (3) Black Mamba Class Fighters and forty-five (45) non-standard issue "Hermes" class torpedoes to the Spiritwolf corporation.

The total cost for this transaction is: 65,625 Kredits

http://www./?9xo3cujdsgtcev9

Edited by HippieGold

Not as impressive as the others, but a bit harder to build... Miniature space shuttles!

Shuttle Simplicity on take off

screenshot1033.jpg

Gravity turn

screenshot1035.jpg

Docking

screenshot1046.jpg

Craft will be posted shortly

Ship: Sky 2 shuttle (Simplicity)

Company: Undisclosed Private contractor (SDIR)

Allegiance: Spiritwolf

Purpose: Reuseable spacestation resupply (food, equipment etc.) and small fuel top ups, optional rescue vehicle.

Part count: under 40

Launch notes:

Start your gravity turn at exactly 10km, at that point the shuttle is perfectly stable

When pitch correction reaches half way to the bottom, hit 5. Next time it gets too low hit 7. Then 5 again, 8, and 5 until you reach 9. After that ditch the fuel tank and continue on stored fuel.

Craft file:

http://www./download/6e7h3s053sappj2/Sky_2_(Simplicity).craft

Edited by SDIR

Would Macey accept a carrier or do you guys think he already has made one?

Macey has already made a colony two types of fighters, a carrier and a battleship. But since he's asking for any kind of ship I'm certain an extra carrier would be appreciated.

Ok quick update. after attempting to get the ships(mk1's) to jool i realized there was no way they were ever getting out of orbit. not without strapping two tankers to each,

so i went back to the drawing board and came back with the Mk3's! half the part count 3x the thrust!

http://imgur.com/a/0lj0o

the tanker was first followed by the surveyor and then the supply, i was lucky and the window to jool was open at the same time as the three were up. the burns were pretty awesome especially from the dark side of the planet the tanker was the only one lucky enough to have a snowballs chance of touching laythe but it skipped off the surface. not to worry as the original plan was to slow down around jool ( im a terrible shot so i picked the biggest target i could find) the results were, well impressive and dont let the nice orbits fool you i spent a good 6 hours with trial and error and alot of quick loads to get them that nice. and as im looking at the thread all im seeing are these fantastic battleships so i built a torpedo frigate. its a bit slow(and surly) thanks to the 8 high speed guided torpedoes and the 4 fighters (symmetry) but its got almost as much fuel as the tanker so if the window to jool wasnt closed id have sent it out too. but ill bet money itll make it just fine.

so here are the new variants, and i threw in the persistent as well

http://www./folder/v8gpqdlycu47z/ksp_mk3

i'm trying to make a fighter with reloadable small rockets :

this fighter has 6 small separatron propelled rockets mounted on a discardable weapon assembly. (basically, for reloading the fighter, you discard the assembly and connect a new one to the fighter)

the assembly is slightly unstable for the moment, and affects the rockets precision.

JSVB2Izl.jpg

dp10f44l.jpg

the fighter also have a safeguard for the pilot : the cockpit and instrument section can be ejected from the fighter, and has a monopropellant supply, plus single RCS thrusters (largely enough to do some orbital manoeuvers, the cockpit also has parachutes if you deorbit the fighter or the cockpit)

What did you use to make the photo's look like that? Also how do you add photo's to a blog post?

I made the photo's with a mixture of MS paint and MS word. Mostly MS word. All you have to do is insert the picture then 'add artistic effect' just make it look however you want, then save the picture, then re import it and add another artistic effect. You just have to layer a bunch of effeects to get the picture where you want it to be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.