Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

mabye depends on the level of protection.

Macey doesn't like ramming with manned ships list I checked.

I understand him, me not really liking kerbals on the Lost list, hostile or naught.

Today I shall try to send the Sentinel to Jool.

Any tips on aerobrake height?

Macey doesn't like ramming with manned ships list I checked.

I understand him, me not really liking kerbals on the Lost list, hostile or naught.

Today I shall try to send the Sentinel to Jool.

Any tips on aerobrake height?

114-126km

depends on how big is your craft, I think.

Do you guys think Macey is going to merge persistance files or will be sending everything again from Kerbin?

I know he doesn't like mods, but what he said suggests he's going to merge them.

As a Hanland Ship Maybe,

in other news

I Just Spent the last 2 days building a fueling station in Laythe Orbit

what a pain in the butt, 16 seperate launches to build the 6 seperate construction ships in orbit, 6 ships launched to laythe and its finally complete

now i just need to fuel it completely, which will probly require another 6 laythe launches (12 with building the ships in orbit), but Macey needs fuel so i thought it'd be a good idea

HQamfnp.png

114-126km

depends on how big is your craft, I think.

Do you guys think Macey is going to merge persistance files or will be sending everything again from Kerbin?

I know he doesn't like mods, but what he said suggests he's going to merge them.

The Sentinel's about 30 tons plus it's transfer stage.

He'll probably send the Spiritwolf ships manually and edit in the Hanland ones as needed, but it depends on how many submissions he plans on having.

My computer's too weak to handle launches, I barely made it to orbit at 1fps with my Sentinel. At this rate, 10 minute burns are out of the question.

Till I can get my hands on a better computer this weekend, anyone mind flying the Sentinel up to Laythe and dropping random rovers and probes for me as a proof-of-travel for this version of the Sentinel?

Well, me vid capture software grinds KSP to a halt so I won't be doing a video submission :(. Expect proof of travel and a proper submission on the Razorcat later today. I hope Macey sees how good it is. I built it to tackle those insanely tough shades so I can keep my logistical operations safe (namely an LKO fueling and ammo depot and maybe another around Lathe.

Not sure i posted this before but its a missile launcher for Spiritwolf.

Inflexible is a Torpedo launcher, needs refuling in LKO but then can get to Duna easily. It has a fully enclosed launch deck, with a removable (and controllable) cover. 6 torpetoes (you have to manually decouple them) but then they are pilotable and deadly, with RCS and ASAS.

http://www./download/6zxb5jvdcrt71oy/Inflexible_Class.craft

3GVN8d9.png

yM5OOCW.png

This is what id does to a Capital Ship...

QhiKQ2c.png

Hey guys, just an update. I'm going through all the submissions so I can smush them all into one post. Right now I'm on page seven and should have the rest sorted out by tomorrow.

Be warned, I AM HUMAN and will most likely make mistakes. :P So if you find your submission under the wrong category (i.e. Hanland instead of Spiritwolf) just private message me and I'll fix it. Also, if you don't see your submission in the smush post, double check your submission to be sure it has everything that is stated in the submission guidelines (proof of travel in form of pics/video, download link, etc).

I'm seeing many posts that have just a few screen shots and no download link or vice versa. Please be sure you have everything!

Cheers. :cool:

Edited by Chozo Nomad

Well, me vid capture software grinds KSP to a halt so I won't be doing a video submission :(. Expect proof of travel and a proper submission on the Razorcat later today. I hope Macey sees how good it is. I built it to tackle those insanely tough shades so I can keep my logistical operations safe (namely an LKO fueling and ammo depot and maybe another around Lathe.

Doesn't take much to take down a Shade, just a clever analysis of it's structure.

2 pocket I-beams with 8 angled Separtrons each is enough to tear the stuffing out of a Shade, and then some.

The Shade's wings have an impact tolerance of 15, which made it resist Macey's Mosquito missiles which had an impact tolerance of 10.

I-beams have an impact tolerance of 80, meaning it can technically shoot down the Spirit of Kerbin as well.

Doesn't take much to take down a Shade, just a clever analysis of it's structure.

2 pocket I-beams with 8 angled Separtrons each is enough to tear the stuffing out of a Shade, and then some.

The Shade's wings have an impact tolerance of 15, which made it resist Macey's Mosquito missiles which had an impact tolerance of 10.

I-beams have an impact tolerance of 80, meaning it can technically shoot down the Spirit of Kerbin as well.

You say that and as if you were the one that built it. What I actually need is a test shade that I can use as target practice to see just how strong my Razorcat can bite. Anyone have that file laying around?

You say that and as if you were the one that built it. What I actually need is a test shade that I can use as target practice to see just how strong my Razorcat can bite. Anyone have that file laying around?

Macey's file repository is here.

http://www./?f8mtf5qlynf4q

It's where I get ships to shoot.

Make sure you put a probe core on and leave the capsule empty if you don't want deaths.

Wow, this thread blew up. I emailed Macey directly (given in the vid), but I probably missed the boat for this.

Anyway. Here's what I did up.

The premiere tour-de-force creation of Dynamic Research Corporation Inc - the Explorer-class deep-space research vessel. This is an Aid-ship, unarmed and unarmored, intended for intermediate-range excursions in the Kerbol system, limited mostly by delta-v capacity. It has crew accommodations for nine crew, although it is normally launched with only three - two Cupola modules and a Hitchhiker container are included. It has a standard-sized docking clamp at the bow, two regular clamps on the dorsal and ventral positions and a large clamp at the stern to complement various docking and rendezvous missions. Of possible interest is the detachable command module, equipped with parachutes, providing abort-from-ascent capability. This leaves the bow of the ship with a large docking port exposed for fitment of another command module of your choosing. It is also provisioned with Xenon fuel tanks for the purposes of resupplying deep-space probes and communication satellites, and has two small docking latches amidships expressly for that purpose. Due to the inclusion of two Cupola Modules and a large probecore module, the ship has ample flywheel authority in spite of its size.

Drawbacks: The mass of the ship means that it has a comparatively low delta-v compared to slimmer, trimmer designs, and the launch vehicle is somewhat a pain to use. However, once in orbit, it offers unparalleled crew comfort, scientific instrumentation and in-orbit research capability.

DRC's agenda is to promote long-term habitability studies in deep space and possible colonization efforts on Duna. DRC has eyed the feud among other corporations with a bit of trepidation, but has declined to get involved. As such, DRC will respect and respond to any distress hail from any other ship nearby and render aid if possible. (Unofficially, DRC is more sympathetic to Spiritwolf, but is unsure how to go about helping.)

292 parts once in orbit - I was worried once I saw the 300-part limit and had to fire the game up just to check...!

Mediafire .craft file here: http://www./view/410ml271z6nco43/Explorer-class_(DRC_Inc_).craft

Edited by pvtnum11
added d/l link

deaCorp continues to develop new ships to support the existing fleet. Today we roll out the Sai-class torpedo frigate.

Armed with three anti-capital-ship torpedoes, the frigate, Sai is a tiny, deadly force to be reckoned with. The Sai-class is the fastest in the fleet, capable of rapid interplanetary travel or a quick escape after an attack.

A31I3fg.jpg

Proof of orbit:

Craft file download link located conveniently in the video description.

Wow, I'm really surprised to see how many people are submitting to Macey. He's going to need at least one full time staff member to help him wade through all of these and pick from them.

Chozo is compiling the complete submissions into a list which he will then send to Macey, as well as post here.

Only complete ones, mind you, those without documentation or are just a picture and a download link are not counted.

@flinch: Only if you're going for Spiritwolf. Plus, taken into account how many ships we've sent him that actually CAN get to Laythe, unless he's seriously considering 20v20 ship battles over it, I think he's also going to focus on ships that can get to other planets as well.

@flinch: Only if you're going for Spiritwolf. Plus, taken into account how many ships we've sent him that actually CAN get to Laythe, unless he's seriously considering 20v20 ship battles over it, I think he's also going to focus on ships that can get to other planets as well.

Showing that the ship is capable of going to Laythe means it also has the ÃŽâ€V to be used at Eve, Duna and Dres or any of the moons in between. Showing the ship getting to Low Kerbin Orbit means it can only be used in Low Kerbin Orbit.

Edited by itisdearflinch

...OR you could calculate the ÃŽâ€V it has in LKO. Besides, the Joolian system is very cool, but Kerbin needs defending, and there are other places to visit (Duna, Eve) that require much less ÃŽâ€V that SW might want to go to.

...OR you could calculate the ÃŽâ€V it has in LKO. Besides, the Joolian system is very cool, but Kerbin needs defending, and there are other places to visit (Duna, Eve) that require much less ÃŽâ€V that SW might want to go to.

The point is to prove it can get there so Macey doesn't have to. If you just give the delta-v number he has to check it, if you demonstrate the ability to get to laythe (and thus everywhere between kerbin and jool) he doesn't.

The point is to prove it can get there so Macey doesn't have to. If you just give the delta-v number he has to check it, if you demonstrate the ability to get to laythe (and thus everywhere between kerbin and jool) he doesn't.

What do you mean has to check it. If you have the fuel capacity you just have to point in the right direction and burn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.