Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

My craft has the fuel capacity (with the booster stage) to get to Lathe as it is now. The problem is that it requires orbital refueling. It can get to a not-so-pretty orbit around Jool without refueling but Lathe takes a full tank. Are you now saying I have to dock with a refueling station for proof of travel? no! If I'm refueling, I'm doing a hyperedit refuel in LKO (Fear not, I do have docking ports if you're not feeling cheaty).

Hi guys, I've been making Macey inspired warships in Kerbal for a while now so I thought I'd post a few of them here. Unfortunately, most of my designs have too many parts to qualify but I'll post a couple of my favorites anyway (Carrier and Pocket Battleship) as well as a 300 part battlecruiser I've made specifically and an Unarmed scout ship.

I've also got a few designs in the pipeline (an Interceptor and an Armoured fighter to accompany the carrier as well as an unarmoured cruiser and a salvage/rescue craft) which should be ready soon.

Anyway without further ado, my 1st submission:

Pocket Battleship: K.S.S. Carnifex (drop tank configuration)

Intended as a Ship of the line, the Meangun class Pocket Battleship has weapon systems able to deal with all classes of opponent, a two piece armoured carapace making it extremely tough, 11 engines for superior range control and enough delta V to get to Laythe (and back if you ditch the ammo on arrival):

y1QKj78h.jpg

SavPzlkh.jpg

Stats (acording to Mechjeb, all stats quoted fully fueled, armed and orbital):

Parts: 776 (849 with Laythe droptanks and 1094 at launch, oops; it's 304 parts without armament, boohoo).

Mass: 160T (260T w. tanks).

TWR: 1.21 (0.21 w. tanks and nuclear engines only).

Delta V: 2693 w. tanks and nuclear engines (actually larger than this due to dropping tanks).

Crew capacity: 2.

Armament:

3 single RT10 SFB Torpedoes; we all know what these do.

8 volleys of 6 Girder rockets; Mass: 490kg , TWR: 14.9 , impact resistance: 80, Parts: 6. High accuracy rockets based on an early design of Macey's; the accuracy combined with a lot of volleys allows for effective long range sniping, (my best hit so far is 1.3 km but I'm a terribad pilot). I am considering 16 volleys of 3 or even 24 volleys of 2 as a better snipe setup.

8 single guided anti-fighter missiles; Mass: 790kg , TWR: 14.43 , impact resistance: 80, Parts: 10. Intended as an anti-fighter weapon; a two stage missile that allows the operator to align towards the target before activating 4 seperatrons for maximum damage. I must admit, I cant hit anything with these.

Functionality:

Crew transferable in space with ladders, re-loadable in space via a magazine (all torpedoes and rockets reloaded in 1 go) that docks with a clamp-o-tron senior at the base of the barrel (this has not yet been attempted and will incur an acuracy penalty due to strut loss which can be fixed by time warping a few seconds between shots), lots of Rcs thrusters for fast alignment, 4 large Rcs tanks of fuel and all fuel tanks are refuel-able in space. 2 different engine configurations to allow for efficient planet transfer as well as high TWR when in combat situations.

Screenshots:

Modless orbit and failed trip to Laythe (I must admit; I cheated a little and used a jeb on the refueling barges.It's not like the ship meets criteria anyway. If Macey decides he does want to use it; I will consider doing it again 100% legit). The reason the trip failed was a game crash, when I reloaded all active flights had dissapeared, including a carrier that was orbiting laythe :( : http://imgur.com/a/NxBhB

Crew Transfer:

qa2F9QZh.jpg

Weapons:

http://i.imgur.com/4S9IjoJh.jpg

Damage:

VvjujbCh.jpg

800 meter range

YhQgRDYh.jpg

Seeing as this post is already getting huge I'll just post screenshots of the other 3 ships for now and will post stats and proof of launch separately:

75I5PGth.jpg

O4Ta4BUh.jpg

Harbinger class scout ship

AVHSOJkh.jpg

od4bbhrh.jpg

Behemoth class carrier

YIPTHuLh.jpg

300 part Stormbringer class battlecruiser (K.S.S. Frightspear).

Carnifex vs fright spear screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/rzDZw

Oh yeah, almost forgot the ship files: http://www./folder/y1cudsuw00lr5/Ksp

Why's the sentinal the best the broadsword has 19.5km/s at launch.every ship is the best at something.

I'm not implying the Sentinel is best, that was a sarcastic remark on my part, seeing as everyone was comparing fuel storage.

The Sentinel was built for the sole purpose of going to where it is sent, dropping probes around it's target, flying off to another target, dropping probes, then deorbited.

There are 2 options here. My orbital refueling infrastructure is back in .20.2 and .21 has bad lag for me so here are the options:

1) I hyperedit refuel because I am not about to send up a second mission to refuel it. The new space center and the oceans cause enough lag for me as it is. It has 5 docking ports and plenty of RCS fuel so I know it CAN do it.

2) The craft is stock in .21.1 but I can recreate it with some KSPX parts in .20.2 and then use my existing refueling infrastructure to demo it. Obviously I will still submit the stock 21.1 version.

I'm not implying the Sentinel is best, that was a sarcastic remark on my part, seeing as everyone was comparing fuel storage.

The Sentinel was built for the sole purpose of going to where it is sent, dropping probes around it's target, flying off to another target, dropping probes, then deorbited.

My mistake.

There are 2 options here. My orbital refueling infrastructure is back in .20.2 and .21 has bad lag for me so here are the options:

1) I hyperedit refuel because I am not about to send up a second mission to refuel it. The new space center and the oceans cause enough lag for me as it is. It has 5 docking ports and plenty of RCS fuel so I know it CAN do it.

2) The craft is stock in .21.1 but I can recreate it with some KSPX parts in .20.2 and then use my existing refueling infrastructure to demo it. Obviously I will still submit the stock 21.1 version.

Depends on which you find more suited to the task.

Right now, I don't think refueling matters much, seeing as there'll be refueling stations mostly everywhere. If you say your ship's capable of being refueled, I say just do it and go on with your trip.

@Spartwo

It's my bad, I forgot sarcasm doesn't usually carry across the Net.

Ok so the battle of Duna between Zokesia and Probe Tek was a narrow victory for us. I have learned that the Constantine Light Frigate/ Heavy Fighter is useless in all except its armor, which it is unparalelled in. Also the necesity of an effective ramming ship after ammo is used is also an important consideration. therefore i want to release the Burke Ranger, an unmanned fighter designed to probe deep into the enemy's territory. Has a removable battering ram and (for now) two torpedoes on the sides and seats for 8 kerbals if necesarry. carries lots of fuel and an RCS system, and has 4 ion engines.

WARNING: when launching, make sure the NERVA is not attached at the bottom or when the covers jetteson they will tear the ship apart. Best to attach Engines radially.

THis ship goes to spiritwolf.

http://www./download/77x20sovc7clnfo/Burke_Class_Mk_II.craft

x3NDmtt.png

Speaking of fuel Orbital silo-c now lathe capable with help from the tug.

6400 xenon

whatever's in those fuel tanks

750 mono prop

1 senior,4,standard,4 micro docking ports

YquEeOS.png?1

download:http://www./download/k9jp2jaaisljiff/orbital_silo-c.craft

proof of travel(orbit only as it weighs less than the M.A.C and would be an Identical trip):http://imgur.com/a/3AC1h#0

Spiritwolf

Edited by Spartwo

Ladies and gentlemen of Spiritwolf, on behalf of SkySound Aerospace, I, sadly, must announce that, until further notice, the BB-X project must be suspended. There are various reasons for this, all of which are beyond the scope of this press conference. However, we would also like to take this opportunity to discuss some of our other projects that we have in the works.

First of all, in response to the development of military land vehicles, we have been developing a set of Fighter, Bomber, and Attack aircraft for atmospheric operations here on Kerbin.

We have also begun developing Reconnaissance and Observation satellites for use around the Kerbol system to keep tabs on Handland activities.

We are also planning on a refit for our Rontop Kerman-class destroyers. These will include improvements in armor, weapons, and communications to make each Destroyer more effective in the battlespace.

And finally, we are very pleased to announce the commencement of the MODOP project. The Manned Orbital Defense and Observation Platform will serve as both an effective deterrent against any aggressive actions against Spiritwolf assets, and as a way to keep tabs on Handland and anyone who would call themselves their allies.

Finally after so many designs that stamp on the part limit, a ship that may actually be accepted (it's still about 100 over... unarmed......Sigh)

Ill do a submission when it's over laythe (without hyperedit)

It's called the Hyperion class, I'm thinking of calling the fighters Eos class and arming the ship with Selene anti-fighter missiles and Helios anti-capital torpedoes.

Yeah there's some Greek mythology I know nothing about :sticktongue:

http://imgur.com/a/s6IW3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.