Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

And now my light Defensive fighter.

D2wz3tb.jpg

ShepYards F-2 Sai light fighter. She's fast and maneuverable, though her mono-propellent could leave a little to be desired. Depending on firing configuration, she either has 2 shots of 3 mini-torpedoes or 2 shots of 2 and 2 shots of 1. Either way, I think she'll be a respectable fighter for defending Kerbylon.

She weighs in at around 100 parts, and 10 tons. Once the Kerbylon is fully fueled, this thing will be a tiny drop in the bucket compared to it.

EDIT: Which of Jool's moons would it be best to locate the Kerbylon station at?

I'm thinking Tylo. For starters, Tylo is relatively out of the way, but still in the primary moons proper. It's in a higher orbit around Jool, meaning that it might receive incoming ships, and there-fore allow for Kerbylon to service them. (I'm picturing it as a frontier outpost/waystation. Ships that want to top off their tanks after getting to the Jool system can do so at Kerbylon, and while they're at it, can enjoy it's recreational facilities.) As a bonus, you can see two of Jool's moons from it's orbit relatively frequently, which is cool.

Additionally...

I'm going to put in place a large amount of satellites around whichever moon Kerbylon takes position over. These would act as a complex communications and sensors net which should prevent ANYONE from getting the drop on the station. Very handy.

Kerbylon and it's Orbit should be considered neutral territory. It will sell fuel to anyone, and allow anyone 'shore leave'. It's not out here in the interests of waging a war. It's out here in the interests of making money.

Edited by shepard1701

Hello everyone I made a couple of STOL fighters for Spiritwolf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvfO3-e0Vps&feature=youtu.be

Ships - LK-18 Falcon STOL and SR-81 Whitebird STOL

Part count - 93 and 67

Company - Lockheed Kerman

Company bio - We here at Lockheed Kerman build the finest fighter jets and cargo planes. Our planes often have some armament and little to no armor.

Craft file - http://www./#n6ncd06r6qb7h

Allegiance - Spiritwolf.

Most of my ships are over the 300 part limit :(

I'd love to send a submission though. :)

Actually I don't think the limit is in action anymore :)

That shouldn't be permission to build 600 part ships.

Teaser for my unmanned replacement for the bayonet

hpOZNjJ.jpg

compared to

NExH6va.jpg

Edited by Spartwo

Problem.

How to get crews from their parking orbit to Kerbylon without overtaxing any computer by trying to render the behemoth ship and anything else at the same time.

Solution: A tiny little crew wagon that a fighter can latch onto and carry out to pickup the crews of any ship from the parking orbit.

This is the first capitol ship that Shadow Horse Corporation has designed.It is called the Auroch Carrier and it is designed to carry a large amount of drones to the target destination all armed with high grade weaponry.Its two large arms mean that it is harder to completely disable the carriers offensive capability's as you either have to get a good shot and destroy both arms with one torpedo or you have to use more ammunition to destroy them individually. It is currently in prototype testing phase and it drone systems are not yet installed.

Company Bio: Shadow Horse Corporation is a company that wishes to investigate the abundance of anomalous geographical features that reside in the Kerbol system and more specifically the moons of Jool. Unfortunately due to Hanlands aggressive actions they are now producing combat ready ships.

Side Note/Warning: (Out of character btw) When i say Laythes name i instantly new that i recognized it from somewhere.... Recently when I was researching Greek mythology for good ship names I saw something, More specifically I found out the names of the rivers of the underworld they was the Styx, Acheron and the LATHE.The river Lathe stood for oblivion and destruction i know its not exactly the same spelling but what a veeeeery strange coincidence:0.0::0.0:.

5ns0WDB.jpg

lquDxSS.jpg

NQhDbCi.jpg

i managed to get my laythe fuel dump down to 84 parts to keep it easy for large ships to dock without the need for a tanker (unless the ships are incapable of docking maneuvers),it contains approx, 18000 units of liquid F, 4000 Units Mono, 5000 Units Xenon, been filling it all week, nearly full now

D70KGoY.png

i managed to get my laythe fuel dump down to 84 parts to keep it easy for large ships to dock without the need for a tanker (unless the ships are incapable of docking maneuvers),it contains approx, 18000 units of liquid F, 4000 Units Mono, 5000 Units Xenon, been filling it all week, nearly full now

D70KGoY.png

Wait... how is it you only have 1800 units of Liquid F? Doesn't that thing have 8... Oh wait, no, I see it now. It has only 6. I got it.

Also, yeah. I think I'm going to park Kerbylon around Vall. It's less than 500m/s from Vall to just about anywhere in the Jool system, while also being out of the way and not hotly contested like Laythe. It's pretty much perfect.

I'm going to put my ships round Jool.

Easy to reach,easy to fly anywhere in her SOI.

Oh, is there any way to decouple bi-adapted NERVA's?

If not, I'll have to build my launch stage AROUND my Tribunal, not below it...

Edited by Mygnol

you'll use a lot of fuel in the brake maneuver, i've been using laythe's atmo from going straight from kerbin, and its still taken about 6 seperate flights to get me to this point refuel wise, i expect it to take at least another 4 more, its going to be a nightmare refueling 8 tanks including the need to brake at destination

I'm Thinking Tylo for my ships, it out of the way, and its a dead world, so i was thinking of storyboarding it as a military weapons testing ground, posibly illegal research

Edited by sanity

I'm going to put my ships round Jool.

Easy to reach,easy to fly anywhere in her SOI.

That's still a possibility.

However, putting Kerbylon around Vall allows for two VERY cool things to happen...

1. It's fighters will be able to go on 'patrols' around the orbit of Vall, which makes her seem more alive and can lead to dramatic moments.

2. The view. The sight of Jool, and maybe even Laythe, rising from the surface of Vall should be just breathtaking, and Kerbylon will have all the wonderful observation domes to appreciate it from.

EDIT: And on the slim chance that Macey ever takes up the Kethane mod, then I imagine that Vall would become VERY valuable, as a relatively easy to launch from moon.

Edited by shepard1701

I could always move my station out to tylo i suppose, there is a spot for an engine attachment on my station, but the current engine designs i use to send out tankers are very basic to save weight during the transfer(only a single nuclear engine and RCS to puch a whole orannge tank) might be hard to shift the whole station since it nolonger has RCS thrusters of its own (i designed it to jettison them once in place to reduce part count)

P0ouuNAl.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.