Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

If fighters aren't allowed to carry heavy weaponry that can damage capital ships, then what's the point of building them in the first place?

Fighters are smaller, so harder to hit. They can get in closer to capital ships and potentially deal more precise damage to systems (engines)... Also good for recon when you don't want to move the whole fleet and waste resources.

The Vezieri Corporation representatives would like to announce that recertification of the escape pods on ALL Fox Class Light Frigates was successful.

KSP2013-07-3110-34-39-58_zpsa28c92d8.jpg

KSP2013-07-3110-38-11-34_zpsb5c02bbe.jpg

We would also like to announce that the rumors of Vezieri Fleet Command giving Captain Jebediah Kerman XIII the order to de-orbit and abandon the Fox Class LPF VCSV Backwash because its anti-fighter missiles failed recertification are false. He is to rendezvous with the outer fleet and let the Fox Class LAF Mk.2 VCSV Toad 1 take his place.

An updated save file will be edited in to my previous post when it is ready.

///Start news report///

Vezieri miners at Vall rejoiced as the Fox Class Light Attack Frigate Mk.2 VCSV Toad 1 exited its jump and began its orbit of Vall. But all was not well, soon after VCSV Toad 1 arrived VCSV Bopin made an emergency burn for Laythe. VCSV Backwash had taken two torpedoes and had gone down in the Laythian orbit. Reports say that Danfrey Kerman, Burzon Kerman, and Hudsy Kerman were killed but that the Captain of the ship and a Scientist, who was ejected groundside when the escape pod he was in was hit during a Spritwolf raid, lived. Vezieri Corps' Joolian Operation Overseer says- "From what we've been able to find out the ship was hit by two torpedoes, one hit the engine at 1300 KST and another hit the pilots' cockpit at roughly 1323 KST. Luckily for the us the pilot had already moved to an escape pod when the second torpedo hit. Unfortunately the forward Co-pilot, who sits behind the pilot, was immediately killed in the explosion the others two perished when the craft de-orbited. We do not know who fired the shots but we do know who manufactured the weapons that killed our employees, Spiritwolf." Vezieri Corp executives say that Hanland has been given control of all employees now residing in the Jollian system. They have also enacted section 21 of their Joolian system employee's contracts, Stand Your Ground. It states that all employees are to defend assets from enemies of the corporation who seek to seize or destroy company property.

///End News Report///

Updated Orbits

Laythe: VCSV Bopin

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n509/chief444/KSP2013-07-3112-11-00-08_zpsca229a90.jpg' alt='KSP2013-07-3112-11-00-08_zpsca229a90.jpg'>

Vall: VCSV Hammer and VCSV Toad 1

KSP2013-07-3112-11-07-33_zps908d165d.jpg

And image of Toad 1

KSP2013-07-3112-01-28-82_zpsd16e601e.jpg

Toad 1 is crewed by Lars Kerman, Charlie Kerman, Frank Kerman, Gus Kerman, and Tomcan Kerman.

It does not have any anti-fighter missiles, as is standard on all Mk.2s as the missiles were too hazardous, but still has its anti-shipping missile, which is a very hard hitter.

1 for Communications antennas and Solar panels, if they are not already activated. After missile launch don't hit space again that's the escape pods' rockets. Missile must be player driven to target, it is harder than it sounds but the missile is pretty good at what it does.

In a shock move today, Aegis Defence Services has deployed nearly half of their holdings to the Jool system.

Aegis Defence Services is a private orbital security company who hire their services out for the protection or destruction of orbital holdings of other companies. While Aegis do not have their own construction facilities, they do have a small but highly competent R&D branch focused on designing military grade armed drone vessels.

Of their current holdings, Aegis has deployed a fleet consisting of a Needle light squadron, a Guerrilla heavy strike craft, a Charon torpedo boat and the Agamemnon, one of their 2 manned drone control vessels. It is unknown at this time whether the fleet was hired by Spiritwolf or Hanland, or indeed both of them.

Needle Light Fighter

QKg41hh.png

The Needle is a light drone equipped with 8 weaponized tungsten rods for penetrating light armor and is deployed in a squadron of 4.

PoT: http://imgur.com/a/C7qIz

Guerrilla Heavy Strike Craft

R8jsMUr.png

The Guerrilla Strike craft is designed for attacking enemy supply lines, not enemy vessels. The guerrilla deploys with a berthing containing spare fuel and 12 extra octo torpedoes (for a total of 15) and is equipped with heavy armor, allowing it to strike its target and disengage while weathering the enemy counterattack. The Guerrilla has 8 emergency thrusters allowing it to function even if the main engine is destroyed.

PoT: http://imgur.com/a/lDwIh

Charon Torpedo Boat

U0rvy3O.png

The Charon is designed for one thing and one thing only: destroying a much larger heavily armored vessel with no regards for its own survival. The Charon mounts 6 Solid Rocket Boosters fitted with a heavily reinforced prow to increase armor penetration and has similar emergency thrusters to the Guerrilla.

(torpedoes fired in symmetrical pairs of 2 with 1,2,3 keys, sets of 3 with 4 and 5 and all 6 with 6. NOT RECOMMENDED to fire more than 3 at once)

PoT: http://imgur.com/a/ljbyB

Agamemnon: Deep Range Drone Control Vessel

vp3Sod5.png

The sole purpose of the Agamemnon is to provide control of the drone vessels without the 5 minute signal delay from Kerbin, and is the only manned class of vessel in the Aegis fleet. The Agamemnon is capable of deploying 4 short range relay probes around laythe, leaving laythe orbit for a more distant and less contested moon, then deploying a pair of long range relay probes. With a single launch, the Agamemnon establishes full communication around 2 separate moons, then uses that to control the entire fleet from relative safety. The ship itself is only armed with 4 smart missiles, and has no armor.

(The launch stage required to get 6 satellites and a moderate sized vessel not only into orbit, but to jool, laythe and then tylo is a staggering 1000 parts. Load it at your own risk. Persistence file has all probes deployed)

PoT: http://imgur.com/a/BlaKc

All craft files and individual persistence files:

http://www./folder/kmv0higml46c0/Aegis_Defence_Fleet

The Agamemnon is technically non functional as currently probes require no remote control, but it didn't feel right to deploy a whole drone fleet without a control ship anyway.

Edited by itisdearflinch
Fixed download link

In light of rising hostilities, SSI is rushing several modifications of the Razorcat and pushing for a partially complete refueling station in LKO. SSI has announced that it will be dispatching a group of Razorcats to support Spiritwolf and it's allies in the Lathe system as well as sending a strike group into Vall. SSI declined to release details as to the flight plan and attack trajectory.

The Razorcat has undergone an armor refit and is now capable of taking on even heavy capital ships from greater distances from modern torpedo bombers.

SSI also announced that it has plans for a large fuel tanker and a ammo transport vessel. Both will be deployed in the near future.

Razorcat was built to have beauty and lethal effectiveness and I think I did an excellent job with that. Here is a pic of my new tanker.

a721.png

Part count was 358 with just one layer of armor so no more armoring. :( I can't do anything else to it other than launch stage to keep parts count as low as possible. I'm already over the recommended submission guidelines.

I am planning on creating a designated SSI thread to show off my work and then doing a proper submission with spammed screenshots and other stuff for Macey.

EDIT: Launching a pile of fuel is hard! This thing is a) lagging like H*LL!!!! and B) terribly slow to launch even with 14 mainsails pushing it! Time to grab some SRBs!

Edited by Captain Sierra

Welp...

Despite being a smooth launch with plenty of pics...

That ship has an absolutely PAINFUL part count of around 600.

I can confirm that half of that is it's ammo as well as the unlighted ladder I installed in place of the lighted ladders.

Don't know if that's acceptable or not... >.>

Here's the gallery for the launch.

Part count was 358 with just one layer of armor so no more armoring. :( I can't do anything else to it other than launch stage to keep parts count as low as possible. I'm already over the recommended submission guidelines.

That moment when your ship that is 1/8th the size of that has 340 parts minus the launch stage...

Edited by Mygnol
-Snip-

You know what helps with launching things.

Draining fuel from the tanks you're trying to carry into orbit, and then filling them up in orbit with a more efficient fuel platform.

Incidentially...

My submission for the support category is well under it's way to completion.

Allow me to introduce...

JrCxY01.jpg

The SBS Kerbyllon 5

With crew space for 53 kerbals, 10 medium sized docking ports, 18 small docking ports, 8 (4 in flight configuration) large docking ports, an unspeakable 23040 units of liquid fuel and equivilent amount of oxidizer (25000+ units in flight configuration). a solar array capable of generating 48 units of electricity, and a backup Radio-Isotope generator array capable of generating 8 units of electricity.

Kerbylon is not a warship. It is not a tug. It is not a fuel transport. It is a BASE. A home away from home for diplomats, traders, entrepreneurs, hustlers, and wanderers. A floating chunk of civilization, all alone in the night.

If that thing is capable of being launched in one stage, you have my respect.

On the other hand, I've finally finished the Tribunal.

HfYmFkc.jpg

"Capable of bringing two Sentinels and a small contingent of defensive probes across the system, the Tribunals serve as large scientific research stations,only assigned to planets of interest... or at war."

And the most ironic thing is, it has LESS parts than a Sentinel. The Sentinel clocks in at a whopping 388 parts whereas the Tribunal is only 260.

any plans for getting it into place?

or is it already in place around kerbin

I will be attatching four engine modules on the bottom of it's fuel section, which, after it's been totally refuelled, should provide it with more than enough delta-V to get out to Jool.

I'm debating with myself as to which moon, if any, it should orbit. I kind of like the thought of it just orbiting Jool itself.

Currently, I'm designing a light fighter to service it. It's part count is at around 315 or so, (and at that, it's currently over 100 tons.)

So the fighter has to be relatively simple.

Currently, I'm designing a light fighter to service it. It's part count is at around 315 or so, (and at that, it's currently over 100 tons.)

So the fighter has to be relatively simple.

How is a "light fighter" clocking in at about 100 tons?

I dread to see how it's launcher looks like, if it's meant to get there in one piece...

Actually, that's the funny thing.

The Kerbylon is launched up into Kerbin orbit in two pieces. The Fuel Module, and the Crew Module. Both get into Kerbin orbit very healthily, infact, both modules went up easier than any three of my capital ships.

Then, once in orbit, they meet and dock.

Next comes the engine modules. You need at least two, or you can go with four. Those modules dock with the bottom of the fuel section.

Finally, you send up a bunch of refueling trucks. I mean, a LOT of refueling trucks. I have one design that takes nearly an orange tank up with ease, and It'll still require a full 8 trips or more before the Kerbylon is ready for departure.

Then, she flies out on her own power.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.