Can't get interstellar rocket into stable orbit

I dont understand with my munar landar it isnt a problem.

But all of the ships I build for interstellar travel I just cant get into orbit around Kerbin.

I do the exact same thing I turn at 90 degrees to the little 40 mark on the 90 line at 10 km but I dont have enough fuel to get to 100,000 m usually

What am i doing wrong what is it with bigger ships that makes them impossible to get into orbit?

and why are little ships just fine

btw i tried to post a pic from both flickr and steam cloud but it didnt work my apologies

Inbetween planets or stars?If planets go light as possible remove nosecones,antennas whatever isn`t needed.yougotta have alot of lifting power,If all else fails download kerbal engineer http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-kerbal-engineer-redux-v0-5/.If you`re going inbetween stars(not much point at the moment)build it in orbit.

Interstellar refers to travel between star systems. Use interplanetary to refer to travel to other planets.

If you are running out of fuel, then you are probably carrying too much fuel. Your rocket is too heavy, and goes too slow, so it burns for too long, and runs out of fuel.

If you increase weight, you must also increase thrust. Reaching orbit is about getting a good TWR (thrust/weight ratio) and achieving orbital speed, not altitude. In other words, if you add fuel, you have to add engines too.

Im not quite sure how to read this engineering chip thingie can anyone help me understand what im looking at here?

i apologize for the mixup I did mean going to other planets within the Kerbol system

Edited by HidekiTojo

Delta V: your energy budget. Everything needs a certain amount of Delta V to reach.

TWR: Thrust to weight ratio. If that's less than 1 you're not going to move forward. More isn't necessarily better. Too high and you're carrying excess power (especially in atmosphere, where very high speed just causes more energy loss due to atmospheric drag and supersonic shockwaves).

There's much more to it, it's all rocket science.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.