Check out my new youtube series

lukeyu2005

there is no such a thing as an infer-red radar. Why would I be interested in watching you talk about things you don't understand?

Since when is there no such thing as infrared radar?

Definition of Radar: A system for detecting the presence, direction, distance, and speed of aircraft, ships, and other objects by sending out a pulse of ...

As you can see the sentence does not complete because I assume you replace it with what ever pulse you use such as infrared. With that said there are many patents out since the early 1980s possibly earlier on Infrared Radar. You can even do a quick search on google and very well see that infrared radar systems most certainly do exist.

Edit: BTW Fantastic video. Loved it.

Edited by Brabbit1987

he typed "infer" not "infra". he was pointing out some kind of misprouncing of the word.

How do you know that????

How do you know he just didn't spell it wrong?

He said "there is no such a thing as an infer-red radar. Why would I be interested in watching you talk about things you don't understand?"

If it was about pronunciation why would he say that? Why would he not want to watch someone just due to someones pronunciation?

I think you are sticking up for him for no reason, which in this case also makes you just as wrong.

ˆˆˆˆ

chill dude sarcasim maybe. It's my first video I deserve some critisim to get it right next time.

Well if someone is going to give you criticism, don't you think it be best of it was constructive and right? No point in getting criticism that isn't true, since that will not help you at all.

she isn't a dude.

Thanks =^.^=

Since when is there no such thing as infrared radar?

Definition of Radar: A system for detecting the presence, direction, distance, and speed of aircraft, ships, and other objects by sending out a pulse of ...

As you can see the sentence does not complete because I assume you replace it with what ever pulse you use such as infrared. With that said there are many patents out since the early 1980s possibly earlier on Infrared Radar. You can even do a quick search on google and very well see that infrared radar systems most certainly do exist.

Edit: BTW Fantastic video. Loved it.

There is no such a thing as an inferred radar because it doesn't work, and you really should complete that sentence because then you will see why. A radar works by BOUNCING signals which you have emitted yourself. What you are thinking is probably an inferred camera which is entirely different from a radar.

Nobody would try to build an inferred radar for the same reason you don't try to spot planes by pointing spotlights towards the sky. it doesn't travel very far, and there are huge amounts of background noise coming from the environment in those wavelengths.

I'm pretty sure i said infra red detection system. not radar

but whatever

and what if there is a lake on the ground reflecting light from the sun? What if there is cloud or rain or smoke that's blocking inferred radiation? And did you even check what the rear mounted radar does? obviously you haven't because you don't know. And if you don't know, why would people be interested in listening to you talk about it?

I'm not a big fan of that Scott guy but just using him as an example, he usually knows what he's talking about quite well and obviously has done plenty of research before doing his videos. You should learn from him. Having the voice of a typical white male is not enough to make a good video. Cuz I mean why would I watch videos of other people playing the game that I own? The person must have something I don't have. Whether it's research into random stuff, dedication in attempting a difficult mission, or interesting ideas to test in the game. I don't see any of those in your video.

Edited by 1096bimu

Well if someone is going to give you criticism, don't you think it be best of it was constructive and right? No point in getting criticism that isn't true, since that will not help you at all.

Thanks =^.^=

I'm just so sick and tired of the word "constructive criticism", cuz people simply use it against criticisms they don't like. Could anybody define it for me to get started? what is a constructive criticism and what is not? Because what I sad was true, there are no inferred radars.

A definition is a set of statements that describe all of the characteristics that are required for something to be the thing you are defining, and does not have any of the characteristics that will make it not the thing you are defining.

Edited by 1096bimu

I'm just so sick and tired of the word "constructive criticism", cuz people simply use it against criticisms they don't like. Could anybody define it for me to get started? what is a constructive criticism and what is not? Because what I sad was true, there are no inferred radars.

A definition is a set of statements that describe all of the characteristics that are required for something to be the thing you are defining, and does not have any of the characteristics that will make it not the thing you are defining.

The difference between constructive criticism and non constructive would be like what you said at first. Now maybe you are right about infrared radar, who knows, from what I looked up on google, there are plenty of people who believe otherwise.

However, the part that made your criticism non constructive is this specific comment "Why would I be interested in watching you talk about things you don't understand?" That part isn't criticism, it's just a douche bag statement.

Constructive criticism would simply be "There is no such a thing as an infer-red radar." with no rude comments after.

"I'm just so sick and tired of the word "constructive criticism", cuz people simply use it against criticisms they don't like."

I am guessing you hear it to much, probably because your criticism is borderline rude and uncalled for. Again, that last comment was unnecessary. It would have been just as effective to correct him with out putting in why you wouldn't want to watch him.

Anyway, " In contrast to constructive criticism, non-constructive criticism does not offer any advice on how to improve the negative aspects of the work that is subject to criticism." In other words, you pointed out something wrong, and then you insulted them. So ya, you fail at constructive criticism. It doesn't matter how much you are right, but if you don't help to fix anything and you only say something rude, it's not very constructive as it does nothing to help.

But as I said, I will take your word for it about the infrared radar. But next time, you probably should leave out any remarks that are non constructive to actually helping someone out.

If I didn't help, maybe you should use this as a guide from now on http://www.wikihow.com/Know-the-Difference-Between-Constructive-and-Non-Constructive-Criticism

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.