SciFi Mods - Legacy mk1 Pod

StarVision

What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What ship do you want most? (vote for your top 3)

• Original Enterprise Shuttle + Shuttlebay
    • Enterprise D redo
    • Stargazer bridge redo
    • Other Enterprises (Refit, A, B, C, E)
    • Defiant
    • Voyager
    • Borg Cube
    • Red Dwarf and/or Starbug
    • Retro Stuff (UFO)
    • Starbases?

Is beautiful, but will have warp?

At least for the Phoenix (presumably with the others) There is an optional variant part in the downloaded folder that uses KSP Insterstellar's warp.

It actually only took me around a night to model the phoenix, not including a night for going over the model and improving it.

Here's the current progress. The saucer is definitely the easiest part to model. I just need to mode the back and the nacelles, then I can start more detailed work.

http://imgur.com/a/Xl67N

Wow, that looks amazing, Voyager was my favorite (new) Star Trek show. Can't wait to fly it around the solar system.

If you need any advice or tips give me a PM. I'm watching Voyager right now! onto Season 5 last night. Last time I watched it all it was on TV when it first came out.... lol

I may consider making a photon torpedo for my mod Skillful that people would be able to use in conjunction with your ship, if you get this working and flying right.

3 cheers for Voyager! :)

At least for the Phoenix (presumably with the others) There is an optional variant part in the downloaded folder that uses KSP Insterstellar's warp.

It will probably be something like that.

If you need any advice or tips give me a PM. I'm watching Voyager right now! onto Season 5 last night. Last time I watched it all it was on TV when it first came out.... lol

I may consider making a photon torpedo for my mod Skillful that people would be able to use in conjunction with your ship, if you get this working and flying right.

3 cheers for Voyager! :)

The torpedo idea sounds cool! I hope we could make this work, but first I have to worry about the ship itself, then we'll talk. Also the back of the ship is really hard to model, but I'm getting there.

I've managed to get some crucial parts modeled. These include the area around the shuttle bay (which was really frustrating), and the folding parts of the nacelles (but not the nacelles). Please remember the model just has orthographic views slapped on as textures, so some spots look really ugly. The last picture is of the nacelles up.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

please don't make it look ugly!

Don't worry, the textures are going to fit once it's done.

Anyway, great to see progress being made.

The hard part of the modeling is over now, and I expect next week to be very productive, as it's spring break and I'm not able to do any plastic modeling (so more digital work).

I have no idea if it's compatible or not, but I've made this one 2m. I know the Phoenix is supposed to be 4m wide but that would mess up the internal and the overall scale. I'm not actually sure if the launch vehicle is a Titan II or V. I just went off of the few movie scenes I had access to. I'm also a pretty amateur modeler/texturer, so that's always something to consider. I'm gradually getting better though and I'm sure someday I'll comeback and redo older mods, like I've already done with the Enterprise. Really I only made the Titan just so the mod would feel complete, but I would like to improve on it, just not right now.

2 meters should fit the FASA titan, IIRC, that's the size it's scaled to, thanks. The missile was referred to as a Titan V in the book and in production materials, obviously the T-V is fictional, likely to make up for the fact that the Titan series ICBMs were retired years ago, way before 2063, the actual missile used in the silo scenes was a deactivated Titan II fitted with a false nosecone, it was filmed at a museum silo in Arizona.

the Nacelles were always my least favorite part of the Voyager.

They were so short and stubby for a supposedly "fast" ship.

Also, the fact that they needed to move was strange to me as well. If they worked best in that raises position, why not build them that way?

Also, the fact that they needed to move was strange to me as well. If they worked best in that raises position, why not build them that way?

...Because going up just makes it look cooler.

...Because going up just makes it look cooler.

I think they were movable because of the variable geometry warp drive (or something like that). I remember someone on Reddit also mentioning that they don't damage subspace and are more "eco-friendly". I should be able to have the animation scale to the throttle.

I think they were movable because of the variable geometry warp drive (or something like that). I remember someone on Reddit also mentioning that they don't damage subspace and are more "eco-friendly". I should be able to have the animation scale to the throttle.

^ Yep, that is right the up and down motion of the nacelles allowed Voyager to do minute adjustments in warp to the field forming the wrap bubble or something allowing it to not be harmful as a nacelle that did not move.

StarVision. I have a question about you Voyager Mod. Is there a chance you could add docking ports to the front and side of the sauver section. So that the ship could be docked with other ships and space stations (dare I say.. Starbases)?

That's a possibility. It really shouldn't take long. I'll put it down on my "to-do list". I'll have to actually look into where the docking ports are, but that shouldn't be very hard.

Most of the model is complete now, I'm going to try and do the landing gear next.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Dosen't Voyager have a docking port on the top?

It looks like it, but I'm not sure how credible that image is, and even if it is canon that doesn't look like your typical docking port. Besides, isn't that where the bridge is? This one is taken directly from the show, but who knows? they may have ports on the top and sides.USS_Voyager_docked_at_DS9.jpg

its beautiful !
Looks beautiful StarVision. The anticipation is killing me. You do great work man. The phoenix has found a permanent place in my Gamedata folder. And I have a sneaking suspicion that this masterpiece will to :)

Glad you're enjoying the Phoenix, and thank you for the encouragement. When I first released the Enterprise I had no idea what I was getting into, and from then on I've felt like I can't stop, because I know how it feels to see a mod/project abandoned that you're looking forward to. I have a very strong feeling that this collection of mods won't be stopping anytime soon, as it's enjoyable to work on and helps me learn a lot too! I've also come to the conclusion that Voyagers landing gear will be very hard.

Found some useful infomation for you guys:

The Intrepid-class USS Voyager had three docking ports on the rim of its primary hull, which it used to dock at DS9 (VOY: "Caretaker") and a Markonian outpost (VOY: "Survival Instinct") At least one of these ports connected directly to Cargo Bay 2 and could be used to decompress the bay. In 2374, Commander Chakotay decompressed the cargo bay to eliminate the Borg drones occupying the bay during Voyager's uneasy truce with the Borg following the Species 8472 invasion. (VOY: "Scorpion, Part II")

Taken from http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Docking_port

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.