[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

sirkut, I built myself a big, articulated solar power station for use with KSPI beamed power. It worked great on launch, but any future attempts to load the vessel end in...

...well,

Here's the output_log, case it helps: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f88978866b84148ee82c

I've tried with and without KJR, turning my quantum struts on and off before and after loading, all to no avail.

sirkut, I built myself a big, articulated solar power station for use with KSPI beamed power. It worked great on launch, but any future attempts to load the vessel end in...

...well,

Here's the output_log, case it helps: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f88978866b84148ee82c

I've tried with and without KJR, turning my quantum struts on and off before and after loading, all to no avail.

Strange request. I didn't see anything offhand in the output file can you do this for me? After the game is loaded and right before you load the craft, clear out the text file and save it so it's empty then load the craft and let it go to pieces. Let me see just that log file. If you want to go the extra mile,

I could send you the updated plugin to try and see if it goes nutty. Just let me know fo you could make a backup of your game an give this a try.

How do I edit the starting angles of the hinges so they are folded/extended when I spawn my ship? Did a quick search but too many threads. Thanks guys

How do I edit the starting angles of the hinges so they are folded/extended when I spawn my ship? Did a quick search but too many threads. Thanks guys

That isn't a feature and has been requested numerous times. Currently you start with the way they are in the VAB/sph.

That isn't a feature and has been requested numerous times. Currently you start with the way they are in the VAB/sph.

A work-around that I use is to angle the part attaching to the hinge. It usually takes some fiddling to get the closed hinge angle + part angle to be in the correct positions so that part is positioned where you want it when the hinge is opened.

A work-around that I use is to angle the part attaching to the hinge. It usually takes some fiddling to get the closed hinge angle + part angle to be in the correct positions so that part is positioned where you want it when the hinge is opened.

I like this workaround, thanks Gristle.

Did a quick test last night and it looks like it wont break saves. You'll just have to overwrite the entire install directory of Infernal Robotics with the new parts/dll.

I'm having an issue with parts being duplicated in the VAB in the part selection section on the left side of the screen. There's 2 copies of the exact same part, only one is usable, the other says I must purchase it from the R&D building. Going to R&D and "buy" all the parts again doesn't fix it either. When I load a fresh save, the duplicates aren't in R&D until I go to the VAB. I've done a clean install of the mod and even started a new career mode and still get the error. It's obviously not game breaking but just annoying. Anyone seen this or know a quick fix? Thanks.

I'm having an issue with parts being duplicated in the VAB in the part selection section on the left side of the screen. There's 2 copies of the exact same part, only one is usable, the other says I must purchase it from the R&D building. Going to R&D and "buy" all the parts again doesn't fix it either. When I load a fresh save, the duplicates aren't in R&D until I go to the VAB. I've done a clean install of the mod and even started a new career mode and still get the error. It's obviously not game breaking but just annoying. Anyone seen this or know a quick fix? Thanks.

Part duplications usually have to do with an improper install. There are twice as many files as there should be. Try deleting the mod and reinstalling it.

Part duplications usually have to do with an improper install. There are twice as many files as there should be. Try deleting the mod and reinstalling it.

Do what Josh said and you should be fine.

Heya! First of all, I love this mod! Thank you for spending the time to make such a fantastic mod for ksp! I love it so much, in fact, that I'm bashing my head against the desk trying to get it to work! I've prolly spent 3 hours searching through the forums trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong. From what I've gathered, this will (somewhat) work with .23.5

I've gotten to the point where the ONLY mods I have installed are this one, toolbar (from their forum), and module manager (from their forum). Still, no dice. The parts are available to use in the VAB, and the GUI pops up to change groups etc… and the IR icon in the tool bar functions in the VAB (Hiding and showing the GUI). But once I'm on the pad (or anywhere else for that matter) I can not for the life of me get the GUI to show. Clicking the IR button on the toolbar does nothing. Right clicking the parts brings up two option that don't work either (lock/hide gui)

I hope I've just overlooked something, feel free to ridicule me if I have.

Heya! First of all, I love this mod! Thank you for spending the time to make such a fantastic mod for ksp! I love it so much, in fact, that I'm bashing my head against the desk trying to get it to work! I've prolly spent 3 hours searching through the forums trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong. From what I've gathered, this will (somewhat) work with .23.5

I've gotten to the point where the ONLY mods I have installed are this one, toolbar (from their forum), and module manager (from their forum). Still, no dice. The parts are available to use in the VAB, and the GUI pops up to change groups etc… and the IR icon in the tool bar functions in the VAB (Hiding and showing the GUI). But once I'm on the pad (or anywhere else for that matter) I can not for the life of me get the GUI to show. Clicking the IR button on the toolbar does nothing. Right clicking the parts brings up two option that don't work either (lock/hide gui)

I hope I've just overlooked something, feel free to ridicule me if I have.

Time to ridicule. :)

Did you read the release notes for 0.14-stable in the OP? It says:

Version is stable. Go have fun. Let me know of any bugs. The docking bug is still present. The toolbar in flight sometimes doesn't want to hide the Servo controls. I'll be working on these in the next update.

Strange request. I didn't see anything offhand in the output file can you do this for me? After the game is loaded and right before you load the craft, clear out the text file and save it so it's empty then load the craft and let it go to pieces. Let me see just that log file. If you want to go the extra mile,

I could send you the updated plugin to try and see if it goes nutty. Just let me know fo you could make a backup of your game an give this a try.

Done: https://gist.github.com/toadicus/6444fdf9050fc451a00e

Done before the wipe: loaded game, entered tracking station, clicked on craft.

Included in the posted log: clicked "fly", craft loaded, craft waggled itself to bits, terminated game with a click to the "X" on the game window.

By my quick review, I don't see anything exceptional coming from your code, either.

I'd be happy to give your dev version a try. I keep backups of my career save as a matter of course. ;)

Bear with me because I'm new to KSP and I use a mac(don't hate) but I have tried downloading the field and putting it in game data but for some reason nothing ever shows up in the game, and all of the other mods I've downloaded work totally fine when I put them in the game data folder. Please help! Thank you!

Done: https://gist.github.com/toadicus/6444fdf9050fc451a00e

Done before the wipe: loaded game, entered tracking station, clicked on craft.

Included in the posted log: clicked "fly", craft loaded, craft waggled itself to bits, terminated game with a click to the "X" on the game window.

By my quick review, I don't see anything exceptional coming from your code, either.

I'd be happy to give your dev version a try. I keep backups of my career save as a matter of course. ;)

I'm not seeing anything crazy I'm unsure what it could be. I just sent you a PM.

Time to ridicule. :)

Did you read the release notes for 0.14-stable in the OP? It says:Version is stable. Go have fun. Let me know of any bugs. The docking bug is still present. The toolbar in flight sometimes doesn't want to hide the Servo controls. I'll be working on these in the next update.

I did. I was just curious since other people seem to have it working. Was hoping someone would have a work around for me to use or something. And my problem is the opposite, the toolbar doesn't want to SHOW the servo controls. Binding them to keys also doesn't seem to be working for me either. Sad day :(

I did. I was just curious since other people seem to have it working. Was hoping someone would have a work around for me to use or something. And my problem is the opposite, the toolbar doesn't want to SHOW the servo controls. Binding them to keys also doesn't seem to be working for me either. Sad day :(

I need to see a log file then.

If you're using 64 bit Windows, right click ksp.exe then click properties. Click the Compatibility tab then check the Run as Administrator box. You'll need to know the Administrator account password for your PC.

That is like setting a permanent superuser command. I had to do that to get MechJeb and Blizzy78's toolbar working after the latest updates to Windows 7 x64.

If you're using 64 bit Windows, right click ksp.exe then click properties. Click the Compatibility tab then check the Run as Administrator box. You'll need to know the Administrator account password for your PC.

That is like setting a permanent superuser command. I had to do that to get MechJeb and Blizzy78's toolbar working after the latest updates to Windows 7 x64.

I'm running OSX 10.8.5. Running as admin. But yes, I'm using a 64 bit OS. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by Neverender
Added relevant info

I'm running OSX 10.8.5. Running as admin. But yes, I'm using a 64 bit OS. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Are you SURE you are running the latest release of IR, because the symptoms you describe are exactly the behavior of the previous version of IR with KSP 0.23.5.

Hope it helps. Running on OSX 10.8.5 2.2Ghz i7 with 8gb ddr3, if any of that helps.

KSP.log

Sometimes just reading the log file gives an idea of what is going on. I suggest start using it if you plan on using other mods. Just glancing at this I see:

[LOG 16:31:04.796] Config(PART) InfernalRobotics0/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/AdjustableRail/part/AdjustableRail

then moments later I see:

[LOG 16:31:04.800] Config(PART) MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/AdjustableRail/part/AdjustableRail

I think you might have it installed twice. Delete both MagicSmokeIndustries and InfernalRobotics0 folders, reinstall, try again.