[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Try switching from Radial Symmetry to Mirror Symmetry (by pressing R in Editor)

Already on mirror. You can tell by the square dot vs. circular dot if it's radial or not. The glitch is with the mod :P. I found a work around though by just duplicating the wing and doing both separately. No worries now. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Try switching from Radial Symmetry to Mirror Symmetry (by pressing R in Editor)

I forgot to check but did we remove the rotate surface placement button in the editor? That was the main reason that button was present so it would remedy situations such as this one. I know others asked for it to be removed in the past but I stressed the importance of needing that button...

Here's a video showing this feature:

Edited by sirkut

I forgot to check but did we remove the rotate surface placement button in the editor? That was the main reason that button was present so it would remedy situations such as this one. I know others asked for it to be removed in the past but I stressed the importance of needing that button...

Here's a video showing this feature:

http://youtu.be/QnJjW5XInDI

Zodius was adamant that we no longer need it, at least for his parts. We can always bring it back.

I'm not sure if this idea has been discussed yet in the 500+ pages of this thread, but would it be at all possible to control the rotation/movement of parts based on a user-defined equation? I am currently working on mechs that utilize mechanisms, such as the Chebyshev linkage, to control the movement of its legs. It would be significantly easier to control the rotation of a single rotatron with an equation than it is to create and adjust a multi-rotatron/docking washer and -pivotron system. Also, do any free-moving gantry rail edits exist? I have had a need for free moving, linear servos, but couldn't find a good way to do it with unpowered rotatrons, although two, oppositely-rotating powered rotatrons with an unpowered rotatron have worked the best. Any suggestions for this?

I'm not sure if this idea has been discussed yet in the 500+ pages of this thread, but would it be at all possible to control the rotation/movement of parts based on a user-defined equation? I am currently working on mechs that utilize mechanisms, such as the Chebyshev linkage, to control the movement of its legs. It would be significantly easier to control the rotation of a single rotatron with an equation than it is to create and adjust a multi-rotatron/docking washer and -pivotron system. Also, do any free-moving gantry rail edits exist? I have had a need for free moving, linear servos, but couldn't find a good way to do it with unpowered rotatrons, although two, oppositely-rotating powered rotatrons with an unpowered rotatron have worked the best. Any suggestions for this?

you can do many automation tasks in IR with kOS http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68089

Sorry to ask this, but Tweakscale is an absolute dependency for this mod? I really want to start using this mod, but I recall one or two of my other mods haven't played nice with tweakscale in the past..

Sorry to ask this, but Tweakscale is an absolute dependency for this mod? I really want to start using this mod, but I recall one or two of my other mods haven't played nice with tweakscale in the past..

It's not an absolute dependency, no.

It provides some options, yes, but it works fine without tweakscale.

Hi

How can i rotate the washers in space ? Do i need to put on action groups for every one ? This is not very practical as it uses up all the action groups if i have 5 modules i want to rotate separately.

Thanks

Hi

How can i rotate the washers in space ? Do i need to put on action groups for every one ? This is not very practical as it uses up all the action groups if i have 5 modules i want to rotate separately.

Thanks

Did you watch the video in the OP right to the end? There it shows the Servo Control window you can bring up, allowing you to move parts without needing action groups.