[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Hey there, now i wanted to make a rover with a base station with folding down ramps but when ever i add a hinge to my craft the game crashes when i try to load it, any advice?

What does the log file say?

I'm not sure if this was mentioned (I tried searching for it and didn't get anything) but the three inline hinges all have the same mass. That seems like it has to be an oversight to me.

Yup it was an oversight I never went back to fix. In fact I think all are off.

Is there anything that can be done to make the closed hinges work better with SPH symmetry? As far as I can tell, right now you can use the rotation buttons in the UI to get them facing correctly when using symmetry, but that seems to alter the rotation orientation as well (so one of them "closes" even more).

Am I just missing a trick or is it a limitation we're stuck with due to how symmetry works?

Edited by cameroon

Is there anything that can be done to make the closed hinges work better with SPH symmetry? As far as I can tell, right now you can use the rotation buttons in the UI to get them facing correctly when using symmetry, but that seems to alter the rotation orientation as well (so one of them "closes" even more).

Am I just missing a trick or a limitation we're stuck with?

Stuck with for now. It was like that before I took over and right now I'm trying to get more parts available. I may look into it but for now just put one hinge at a time if they are on opposite ends of a side. The translation wants to go in the same direction hence the weird behavior.

I was testing out a walker and weird stuff happened.

Right up until the poltergeist made everything supremely spooky, that was fantastic! If it can be made workable I'm going to have to land one of those on Mun!

Am I just missing a trick or is it a limitation we're stuck with due to how symmetry works?

I'm an idiot. I knew about this when I first tried out damned robotics and completely forgot about it! Until I update it, go into the config for the closed hinge and change invertSymmetry to False. That will fix it. Now when you put items in symmetry mode they wont close on themselves.

I was testing out a walker and weird stuff happened.

Wow that was really odd. Especially the size of the washer being smaller than the other half. I plan on redoing those because I use the new node system and I think it's not working correctly.

I'm an idiot. I knew about this when I first tried out damned robotics and completely forgot about it! Until I update it, go into the config for the closed hinge and change invertSymmetry to False. That will fix it. Now when you put items in symmetry mode they wont close on themselves.

Oh fantastic! That's going to make folding rovers so much easier, thank you!

Hey Sir, what need be done on the animator before release? (besides adding more parts? ) The mechpod is pretty much ok to go, the new pod with iva is done ill throw that in the folder but other than that it should be ok for a beta I reckon.. i might sill have to fix the 8mm node i cant remember

Hey Sir, what need be done on the animator before release? (besides adding more parts? ) The mechpod is pretty much ok to go, the new pod with iva is done ill throw that in the folder but other than that it should be ok for a beta I reckon.. i might sill have to fix the 8mm node i cant remember

attach_node for 8mm was goofy. Other than the legs you have we can release it this weekend sometime. :)

Is anybody else having a problem where reloading crafts that have IR parts in them causes them to reload skewed from how they were before?

If you haven't tried the 0.7 version of the plugin I would try. So far I haven't had any issues.