[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Great to hear that all (for the most part) seems to be going well with IR. I shall try it shortly and see how it goes with the craft I already have in orbit.

Sorry to hear about your mom sirkut, it's great though that she's cancer free. I never would have thought about there being a void once cancer is removed, though I've never really thought about it. I think it's ok that you get a little off your chest, plus things like that, with all the positive thoughts most of us have after hearing about it, may help out some how. You never know after all. :)

Also, great work on finding the magic bullet omgnull! Nice name by the way. :)

one bug you might wanna look at for your next release.........

Docking washers also jerk 180 degrees when re-visting your craft, just like the others here complained when their powered hinges do the 180 flip or even break off magically.

Like Atrius129 said in his post #2671 I too spotted the same problem that happens when switching back to the vessel with the robotic parts. I made a little video to illustrate it how it happened to me.

Did I do something wrong or is it the program?

I'm looking at your screenshots and something doesn't make sense. If you are using 0.23.5 version of KSP then you are using the wrong version of Infernal Robotics. In the newest update (the 0.14-tentative) I removed the "Hide GUI" . In other words you must be using an older version which may explain why it's not working. Now if you are using the KSP 0.23 and version 0.12 of Infernal Robotics then I would need to see a new output_log.txt file BUT you have to do these steps.

After loading a craft with Infernal Robotic parts on it. Open output_log.txt delete ALL the text and save the empty file. THEN go launch the craft, wait for the scene to load. Once that is done. I want that copy of the output_log.txt I don't need to see a million null references caused by a different plugin. I need to see what IR is doing.

The issues with saving and reloading ships seem to be restricted to situations when IR parts are connected to each other. I've had no problems with a single gantry rail on my satellites to move a SAR from ScanSAT around. Something hinky in how the data is being saved? Didn't you say something about not currently using the PART module but soon switching to that? Maybe that'd fix it. I'm guessing. Totally guessing.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Love the pre-release update! Now I can once again use my space shuttle (which I'm so proud with) to add modules to my space station. Who knows, maybe I'll even use the washers :) Do tighten up the joint connections, they were and are a bit floppy.

Ok gang. Thanks to omgnull, while I was asleep he submitted a fix for at least saving the state of the rotations. Give it a try and see. Also, translations are really messed up. The parts end up dislocated. Working on a fix for that.

Edited by sirkut

I'm looking at your screenshots and something doesn't make sense. If you are using 0.23.5 version of KSP then you are using the wrong version of Infernal Robotics. In the newest update (the 0.14-tentative) I removed the "Hide GUI" . In other words you must be using an older version which may explain why it's not working. Now if you are using the KSP 0.23 and version 0.12 of Infernal Robotics then I would need to see a new output_log.txt file BUT you have to do these steps.

Open that album again. Where is the new magicsmoke not on github?

Ok gang. Thanks to omgnull, while I was asleep he submitted a fix for at least saving the state of the rotations. Give it a try and see. Also, translations are really messed up. The parts end up dislocated. Working on a fix for that.

I have been trying to replicate the wonky parts on reload that I reported yesterday and have been unsuccessful. All of IR parts that I have tested today are all working perfectly through ship changes and going to the space center and back. Great work guys!

On github. Go to the first post in this thread and follow the link.

I can't download it from there. I click around and all it will do is open to a new page. I don't know what I'm doing on there.

I'm confused here. Romfarer's robotic arms don't use the Infernal Robotics plugin.

I don't get what your confused about. Its not added to the game.

Notice the file path.

I didn't want you thinking that the magicsmoke folder was in that location. The one that says game data. I put the mods on my computer. Just in the computer. Not in ksp.

Then I move them one at a time over to ksp. Helps me keep track.

In case I have to wipe ksp like I've done 4-5 X's.

Also on the pic. I wrote "NOT ADDED" because it really is not added and is of no importance. It doesn't work anyways.

http://imgur.com/a/vcSj0

Edited by David H

I have been trying to replicate the wonky parts on reload that I reported yesterday and have been unsuccessful. All of IR parts that I have tested today are all working perfectly through ship changes and going to the space center and back. Great work guys!

I did just have some issues after docking with another craft. I made that docking arm with the claw on the end (from the previous forum page), and docked it to another craft successfully. The issue came when undocking the craft, the IR parts had translation issues. The issues came without having to jump to another ship or Space Center, I just [,] over to it to switch craft.

Sorry I would post pics if I didn't have to go right now.

I can't download it from there. I click around and all it will do is open to a new page. I don't know what I'm doing on there.

I don't get what your confused about. Its not added to the game.

Notice the file path.

I didn't want you thinking that the magicsmoke folder was in that location. The one that says game data. I put the mods on my computer. Just in the computer. Not in ksp.

Then I move them one at a time over to ksp. Helps me keep track.

In case I have to wipe ksp like I've done 4-5 X's.

Also on the pic. I wrote "NOT ADDED" because it really is not added and is of no importance. It doesn't work anyways.

http://imgur.com/a/vcSj0

Only install infernal robotics and do what I said in a previous post by clearing out the log file before loading a craft with robotic parts.

How do I download this? For some reason I installed Github etc but still isn't doing a thing!

I got nothing too.

Would be easier if they just put it on the add on store and gave us a link there.

I did just have some issues after docking with another craft. I made that docking arm with the claw on the end (from the previous forum page), and docked it to another craft successfully. The issue came when undocking the craft, the IR parts had translation issues. The issues came without having to jump to another ship or Space Center, I just [,] over to it to switch craft.

Sorry I would post pics if I didn't have to go right now.

I had same bug back in 0.23. When you dock crafts to each over, game rebuild them in one craft. So piston's top node became connected to root part, making it broken.

If it possible to remake joints after docking, that'll be great. Till then don't place pistons between root part of craft and docking port.

Well maybe when there's a stable release version sirkut will feel like wrestling with putting up an easier-to-download version. But for now...for heaven's sake people. From a dev's perspective using git for quick releases like this is oodles easier than putting it on SpacePort or the like.

Well maybe when there's a stable release version sirkut will feel like wrestling with putting up an easier-to-download version. But for now...for heaven's sake people. From a dev's perspective using git for quick releases like this is oodles easier than putting it on SpacePort or the like.

These are "daily" builds so use with caution. I'd just like for people to test as we work on fixing them. Rotational parts may be fixed but people need to test them. I don't use the spaceport because it's tedious to have to upload each time a test build is done. This is why github is being used. I provided a pictorial set or instructions so everyone should be able to follow them IF they want to help and test.

Yeah. That's what I said. :P

Though you need an even bigger bat for pointing-out that these are test builds, I think. Maybe something the size of an A380 would do. Barely.

Well I went font size crazy and now state it's test builds and that you are warned. Not much more I can do.

right click "actual download" and hit save as

Doesn't work. When you right click you get

Open in new tab

open in new window

open in private window

bookmark and so on.

You could try save link as. IT will put it in you downloads.

Try to open and

Can not open file with a big red X