Were KSP Forums Reset a while back?

Tobyz28

I recently had to re-register my KSP account with the forums. I had some good rep and had contributed to a lot of posts a while back, then i took several months off (got married yay!)

Seems like a lot of the old content is still here from that time though, but i cant find any of my old posts or challenges! Can anyone fill me in on what might have happend?

Unfortunately, Forum Rule 63-780-B89-X6c states that any Forum Member who gets married before the Beta Release must have their forum account reset and all posts wiped. You are a couple now. You have lost all individual rights. Sorry. Next time read the fine print. Oh and congratulations!!

Edited by Voidryder
ninja'd

Yep. The forums had a hickup... and they discovered that their backup system for the forums hadn't been working like they thought it was... and poof everything was gone.

Forum was down and no communication was to be had at all for a few weeks. Then we finally got the forums back up. I had made an account before the time period that the wipe effected but every single one of my posts had been made during that period. All gone.

Ahh that would explain a lot! That;s too bad, I had some awesome stuff I wish I could go back and check on... I was thinking about redoing my MotherShip Jool Challenge and wanted to refer to it :) Oh well!

Forums with no working backups? Shame! Everyone knows to verify a backup works you have to RESTORE from it in a test environment! Everything else is an assumption! ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.