R-Universe Industries Life-Tech Set

Zyrac

Well, coming back to this mod recently has been interesting. At first I thought the mod was going to have to be shut down because of issues with the Curse page, but then I found a new download provider in MediaFire. Now I'm announcing that development has started for version 0.05. In this next progression I hope to make the Life-Tech system more like I originally envisioned it. Here are some plans for future development:

- Instead of the current system where you can find life 100% of the time so long as you land on the right body, there will be a new system where finding life will be more difficult, with a chance of not finding any, even if you land on a body that in past versions guaranteed finding specimens. There will be a more-or-less random chance of finding life each time you land.

- I know I've kept saying this, but this time I mean it: new part textures.

The rest, even I'm not sure about just yet, but I'm hoping for an overall improvement of the system. :)

For me, id like low chance to find, high rewards in science and funds.

I find it odd we'd find life on another planet and the first thing to docis blend it up and make fuel out of it (kerbals arent human after all). Thats cool but, i simply wont convert any life i find.

Life should be in surface samples and returnable to ksc. Can be detectable from orbit i suppose with technology but that is a stretch goal. I might think of other things later. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now I'm back to having a consistent internet connection so I can use the forum again. :P I've been trying a couple of things while I've been away, but they don't seem to be working out how I'd like them to. But now I have internet access again, I can take a look into possible solutions. The 0.04 version should work with 0.24 of KSP. As for other things, I had considered making some kind of processing lab that the player would park at the KSC and dock the science vessel with the lab when they get back, but that may be somewhat inconvenient. I'm basically going to have to take a look into things, as some of my hopes for the mod lead me on to new ground such as contracts.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so this mod has gone cold since the summer when I made plans for development of version 0.05. Now, I feel I should make an official announcement that development of version 0.05 has stopped and I have no plans to continue work on it. The ideas I had for version 0.05 were simply beyond my knowledge of KSP scripting, and this combined with the fact that I have now started studies at university, means that realistically the no further development is likely to happen. If anyone feels they would like to pick up RUI Life-Tech where I left it, feel free, though some credit for the original creation would be nice. I honestly believe that this is the end of my work on this mod, so do not expect any further updates from me. Thank you, everyone, for your interest, feedback and support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.