Aircraft help needed!

Hello!

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I didn't know how to phrase it in the search to find what I'm looking for. Here's my problem:

I've downloaded a few SSTOs and a few strictly aircraft vehicles to try to figure out what's needed to make a functional plane. I think I've gotten the gist of it but all of my own planes have a problem that few downloaded planes have: my planes drift off during take-off, run off the runway and usually crash or lose a few part in the grass. My planes are made with symmetry so they should be weighted correctly. I've tried moving the wheels around, push them back or forward, put them further or closer to the center of mass. All it does is change how pronounced the drift is but there's still a drift.

On some planes, I can fix the problem by toggling ASAS as I'm taking off but then the plane has trouble getting off the runway in a controllable manner because ASAS keeps the nose down. Once I turn the ASAS off, the plane is going way too fast for a nice take off.

Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks!

The airplane drifts sideways without any sideway input from me. Struts do seem to help but I still notice that it's going a tiny bit sideways, but I get to the end of the runway before it becomes too bad.

Then the only way is probably to just yaw in the opposite direction to try and keep it in th same direction. I also suggest using the avionics package as that allows for input from your keyboard while having the S.A.S. on.

This tends to be a problem when you don't have quite enough lift at the speed you are traveling. the craft tries to lift off, but can't and gets pulled to the side instead.

Try adding more lift surfaces and moving the rear wheels slightly behind the center of lift. also try to keep the rear wheel base wide, it wont change your problem much, but it prevents tipping over while taking off.

Hope this helps!

Darion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.