Kerbals: What Are They Made Of?

All other life is also underground, because the plants are so dangerous. That's also why your Kerbals wear their suits on Kerbin, to protect their feet.

Does this mean that Laythe could be a potentially BETTER home than Kerbin for the kerbals?! You know with Laythe being mostly sand and close to optimum tempreture and the same atmosphere makeup and a similar pressure?! (Nerds out.)

And even though I like the plant theory the devs have unequivocally said that the Kerbals are not plants, never have been, never will be.

Green is all they really have in common, and there are plenty of green animals.

They could totally change their mind pre-release and go with plants.

It would also explain why kerbals are apparently genderless and why you can have endless kerbal clones that were grown from kerbal klippings.

2012-02-13-episode-two-the-revelation.png

Edited by Smurfalot

I honestly don't know how walking, talking, flying, seeing, limbed, (semi) educated plants ever got onto the agenda.

They're green, and ... the point? Kerbals have more in common with iguana's than they do plants. Iguana's walk, they can see, they have limbs, they have digestive systems and they're green. Heck - Kerbals are probably closer to grasshoppers than plants!

Seriousy - drop the plant thing.

Kerbin used to have animals:kerbal big game hunting.

Kerbin used to have lots of kerbals:hunters ran out of animals.

Kerbin used to have cites:Jeb made a space program.

Kerbin used to have plants: radiation poisoning.(the current ones are holographic)

Kerbin used to have a large interstellar space fleet:M key next to spacebar.

I really do think the only logical explanation, unless the devs have plans to add animals, that the kerbals are plants unless there were a lot of underground dwelling proto-kerbals or a different evolutionary chain of animals underneath (Which when I think about it would regulate the Eco-system and greenhouses gases ect.) the surface which the kerbals evolved from. Just to add, these are the reasons I think kerbals are plants for now. Not a bias 'It's green... PLANT!" kinda thing.

And although the devs have said they're not plants... ehh...science... I don't want to sound ignorant for trusting something other than the main source of the game though, them being the people that made it and all... I just... science..

I also noticed that there is no terrain deformation in Kerbal Space Program, therefore the surface of every planet must be made of coloured diamond. When objects hit the ground at a high speed, they explode and dissapear, there's no way they can be made out of aluminium, steel, carbon fibre or anything else, as it has to be a material that combusts and vapourises upon impact.

Do you see the point I'm trying to make in regards to the GAME and SCIENCE?

I honestly don't know how walking, talking, flying, seeing, limbed, (semi) educated plants ever got onto the agenda.

They're green, and ... the point? Kerbals have more in common with iguana's than they do plants. Iguana's walk, they can see, they have limbs, they have digestive systems and they're green. Heck - Kerbals are probably closer to grasshoppers than plants!

Seriousy - drop the plant thing.

I'm pretty sure its because of their ability to sit in a pod with nothing but sunlight for Millenia.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.