Delta-V chart thing

PringleMan

A while back I had seen a neat chart that had a tree-type chart for delta-V needed to get from body to body. Kerbin would be at the bottom, then a branch over to the mun and minmas, then further up the "trunk" would be duna, with branches to its moons.

Does anyone remember this chart, and more importantly does anyone have that saved somewhere

So how does one read these anyway? I.e, from Kerbin to Eve, what numbers are the important ones?

You literally just follow the map to where you want to go. E.g:

LKO: 4550m/s

Intercept: 950m/s

Eve Intercept: 80m/s

LEO: 1310m/s

Eve Landing: 12000m/s

---------------------------

18890m/s

However, this is just a rough guide. I assume, with Eve, aerobraking would drop that DV by a considerable amount. And lithobraking would drop it the rest of the way, heh. Someone please correct me if I got this wrong, I don't wanna end up looking like a :confused: with this!

I lithobrake all my failed landers... :wink:

You are right about how aerobraking saves a LOT of dV. I always use aerobraking whenever possible because it is just soooooooo darned cool... and efficient too. Plus it saves fuel to allow you to visit moons you wouldn't otherwise have the fuel for. For example with Ike I would aerobrake into Duna but make sure I only reduced my velocity to just outside Ike's orbit and then only small changes in delta V would get me into orbit. The other way would be to orbit Duna normally then burn out to Ike which would take WAYYYYYY more fuel.

In fact using MechJeb's aerobraking predictor it becomes really good fun and a challenge to use as little fuel as possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.