The most beautiful moment I had in ksp

well i dont know how to exactly describe it, but today i was testing the AIES aerospace pack (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/35383-0-20-2-AIES-Aerospace-v1-3) and i was testing a lander capable of exploring the entire kerbin system( mun and minmus) and comeback to kerbin, it was a long time since i landed on the mun, and a long time since i did a manned flight.

the thing is that most of the mission i spend it time warping in map mode to get to the manuvers and perform burn to orbit, land and other stuff. but this time i decided to not enter the map view and watch the ship float away from kerbin, i think it was the combination of music, location i dont know but when i saw kerbin become a whole sphere and i was floating away at great speeds toward the mun, it was one of the most beautiful moments i ever experienced in ksp, i take some pics but i isnt the same.

so i am the only one that felt like this? if you felt like this sometime how it was? i think it was amazing :)

pics:

ClY3F2S.png

hBLWF26.png

hBLWF26.png

0Pqcggr.png

2GRWctV.png

hv72tCk.png

No, you are not the only one who experienced a 'magical moment' in KSP. For me it was during one of manned missions to Mun. It was time to go home, so i folded solar panels and ladders, turned engines on and started gravity turn couple of seconds after lift-off. Terrain in my lander's flight path was relatively flat so i've continued burning horizontally to gain as much velocity as possible. Then i looked up from the navball, and lo and behold - Kerbin was spectacularly rising straight before the nose of the lander in all its blue and green glory. I caught myself smiling broadly, and thinking about photos of Earth seen from the Moon. KSP is just a video game, but it gave me a taste of what guys from Apollo missions felt flying home. Thank you for this, SQUAD :cool:

My second landing on Duna was with an unmanned curiosity styled rover (both landings were unmanned) and I drove my rover to the ridge of a mountain and saw Ike on the horizon. It was amazing.

j8yv7d.jpg

My other "Magical" moment was when I was testing a new rocket design and saw this in LKO

33eh2z4.jpg

My second landing on Duna was with an unmanned curiosity styled rover (both landings were unmanned) and I drove my rover to the ridge of a mountain and saw Ike on the horizon. It was amazing.

-snip-

My other "Magical" moment was when I was testing a new rocket design and saw this in LKO

-snip-

Wow, that first shot looks amazing (pretty cool rover, too!). That second shot is a bit common, but still pretty none the less!

Wow, that first shot looks amazing (pretty cool rover, too!). That second shot is a bit common, but still pretty none the less!

Thanks :) Ive got a way prettier screenshot but cant find it :/ its minmus, mun, kerbin, and the sun, all lined up in a big line. I got the picture on my return trip from minmus I think

Right after re-entry heat, with 1000 tons of metal and rocket fuel falling towards the south pole of Eve, with the rocket-fuel oceans in all their splendour during (surface) sunrise... a beautiful view and a landcrawler, what else could anyone possibly ever need?

Sd2hF6S.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.