Add modules to squad parts without overwriting them

OK guys, I've been searching but didn't find an answer to my question.

(don't blame me, blame the search function and forum crash :P)

But is there a way to add something like a module (example: chatterer) without editing the squad parts themselfs.

I read somewhere before about a @ command to use, i think in one of the blogs but can't find it.

All i want is to add a module to every command module that KSP is loading.

This way i don't have to edit squad parts or other (great) mods after every update.

So is this possible? (yes of course! but how?)

MODULE
{
name = rbr_chatterer
}

Adding that to your part.cfg should add chatterer to any part.

Yes, exactly that piece of code is what I now add to the squad command and other mod parts manually.

But I've read somewhere (think on a dev blog) that you could make your own mod add your code to stock squad parts without actually changing them yourself.

This was added on the 0.20 update as far as I remember.

He talked about a @ command to do that with, but i'm missing the explanation on how to use it.

Can't find the original post about it either :s

All this because I add several modules to stock parts so I can keep part count to a minimal (makes my PC a little more happy :)).

Would be very cool if you could just say add this and this to any part specified as command module.

I can always dream :P

I think you're looking for the Module Manager mod. Check the addon releases section.

Hmmm i thought that one was just for adding mods, i can do that on my own just fine :)

Checked it out and his forum page has exactly what i needed, THANKS A BUNCH!!! :D

Thanks both of you for the quick reply! :D

Edited by TheDude1972
typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.